Shows skydivers current weather, winds, the best exit area and pattern in current wind conditions.
A tool for parachute pilots.
As long as you depend on skydiving weather - you must have Spot Assist.
Whats does it do:
1. Displays a satellite map of dropzones world wide.
2. Shows current windaloft and surface winds world wide.
3. Displays a range of your parachute and a safe jump run exit area. (In-App purchase required)
4. When zoomed in to the pattern - displays recommended pattern for your parachute. (In-App purchase required)
5. Helps to find your cutaway canopy: mark cutaway location and app will use windsaloft to calculate where it has landed.(In-App purchase required for past wind data)
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent Quick Reference
Know how to calculate freefall and canopy drift. Once you do, you can easily use this to visually confirm your calculated exit point with a tolerance added to accommodate multiple jumpers and the associated jump run. Upper winds readily available in the app to help you with your spot calculations, cloud altitudes so you know if you'll be able to at least do some hop and pops if the cloud layer is too thick for a full altitude jump, but high enough to jump below it. You can input canopy type, opening altitude etc. to increase accuracy. You can adjust your landing direction and pattern leg entry points based on the actual ground conditions. Best app for skydiving. Spend the few dollars and max the features out... best <$10 you'll spend to make sure you don't land off. Everything in skydiving is expensive... this isn't. Great work.
Accurate weather and Fast customer service
This app rocks for showing almost instant very accurate weather for my Dropzone, even though there is no internet weather station here. I guess the app interpolates the weather sources nearby and it does a great job of it. The landing pattern tool is a great help for me and made my landings right on target the last 5 jumps - a great tool for my 30 jump experience level though I'm sure I'll use it for all my future jumps because it shows a nice satellite view of the DZ with landing pattern overlayed! Oh my DZ (Dubai) wasn't on the list but after one email the developer had input all the data within 24hr! That's amazing service and a really good app!!
Must Have for Skydivers
I never planned on actually needing the app, then it happened. Last week there was a location change about an hour before wheels up and I found myself landing at an airport I've never been to. I remembered this app and it rocked. It allowed me to see where the winds were coming from and meshed with Google maps, so I was easily able to pick out landmarks and make a plan. When I was sitting at 8,000ft on the end of Stearman's wing, it was too easy to guide the pilot right over the airport and into the wind, lining up the perfect spot. The jump went off perfectly, thanks in part to this app and the piece of mind it offers so you can plan for success. Five stars.
- Andrey Kan
- 57.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Livewings Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Exit Area Feature for life $2.99
- Pattern Feature for life $3.99
- Forecast Feature for life $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.