Spot On Period Tracker
By Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
“This new period tracking app is a serious game-changer.” — Teen Vogue
Staying on top of your cycle has never been easier or more fun with Spot On — a birth control and period tracker powered by Planned Parenthood.
Stay consistent with birth control reminders, guidance, and tips — no matter your method. If you’re not on birth control, Spot On can help you accurately predict your period and even give you a heads up on ovulation when you’re likely to be fertile.
Spot On comes directly from the world-class sex educators at Planned Parenthood, so you know it’s reliable and safe.
Track Your Period & Menstrual Cycle
• Your flow — from spotting to light to heavy days.
• Your symptoms — fatigue, cramps, or stomach aches.
• Your activities — exercise, sex, or sleep quality
• Customize what you track and how you track it (new in v 2.2!)
Manage Your Birth Control
• Track any method that affects your period, such as the pill, patch, ring, implant, shot, and IUD.
• Set discreet reminders specific to your birth control or menstrual cycle, even appointment reminders.
• Get tips on the right steps to take if you get off track or switch your method.
Access Personalized Support
• Feel safe with access to resources and detailed FAQs from Planned Parenthood experts on everything related to sexual and reproductive health.
• Import your period data from other cycle tracking apps using HealthKit, or easily export your data anytime. Your menstrual history is at your fingertips.
• Access links to locate a Planned Parenthood health center near you to make appointment to speak with one of our health experts.
Stay on top of your sexual and reproductive health with the only app that lets you track both your period and any birth control method that affects it.
“...it’s probably time you downloaded the new Planned Parenthood Spot On app. Seriously, it’s pretty
awesome.” — Bustle
“...a smart, unassuming, useful piece of technology — thank the gynecological cosmic forces.” — The Cut
“We’ve already downloaded it — have you?” — Shape
What's New in Version 2.4
- New daily insights
- iPhone X compatible
- New pill added
- Liletta IUD is now good for 4 years according to the FDA — now updated in profile
- Bug fixes
Amazing app, but missing customizability
Amazing app, especially for free -- planned parenthood being awesome once again. It's educational, functional, easy to use, and lightweight.
I love that it keeps track of how much longer I have until I have to get my IUD out, and it's cool to be able to track things such as my mood and exercise from day to day. I wish the things being tracked were customizable, though -- I want to be able to track things not preprogrammed in such as if I'm feeling depressed that day, for example.
One huge plus about this app is the huge wealth of knowledge packaged into the app. If I want to find out more about my IUD, I can just use the app as a resource, I don't even have to google anything.
Overall, 4/5 stars -- 5 stars all the way once tracking trends becomes more customizable.
EDIT: Thank you devs for listening!!! Love the customizable mood tracking. One thing that it’s still missing though—there’s no way to see the visualization of the trends of your moods. I realize there’s the “stats” tab for this, but without a calendar layout, it’s hard to find correlations between moods. I think one easy/good fix for this would be to use the mood emoji icons in the calendar days when you view the app’s calendar. I want to be able to visually track days I was struggling with depression vs. the days I exercised, for example, and be able to see through the calendar if there was a correlation or not. 5/5 stars once this is added ☺️
Well-designed, but misses the point
I downloaded this app hoping it would take the place of another period tracker I've had for a while that's a little cumbersome. I was impressed with the simplicity and ease of use of this app...but it won't track my period. I don't really have an unpredictable cycle; every other app I've ever used has been within a few days of predicting my start date. I input periods all the way back through July hoping that it would figure out my cycle from that, but because my period in October was late due to stress, my cycle is too unpredictable for the app. This wouldn't be a problem if the app still even tried to guess, but it doesn't. So I'm logging my periods on two apps; one that's better at logging symptoms (this) and another that will actually tell me when I'm ovulating or about to start. I'll probably have to give this one up soon, but I hope future updates will address the issue.
Great tool to have for overall health
I’ve been using this app for over a year, and it’s been great to see how my period affects my mood and physical health, as well as understanding how my emotions affects my physical health. I’m on the pill and it’s great to get the daily reminders to take my pill. Since adding the customization of symptoms to track, I’ve also been able to better track migraines as well. Reflecting on my day and asking myself if I ate right, slept well, and how it may affect my moods and physical health over time has helped me make better choices for my mental, physical, and sexual health. Love this app!!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Nov 27, 2017
- Version: 2.4
- Size: 55.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Inc.
- © 2016 Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch.