By 8D Technologies Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Spotcycle™ is a free multi-city GPS-enabled application that maximizes your bike-sharing experience. Track the statuses of bike stations around you and then pedal away to your next destination!
In addition to locating bike share stations, available bikes and docks, Spotcycle includes unique and cutting-edge features such as the Reality+™ overlay and convenient station clustering.
For tips, instructions and more info, head over to www.spotcycle.net.
Keep up to date with Spotcycle news by following our blog at spotycle.net/blog, on Facebook at facebook.com/Spotcycle, or on Twitter @Spotcycle.
BIKE STATIONS LOCATIONS AND STATUS
• Locate bike stations on the bike share system
• Automatically lists the 10 stations closest to your current location, or customize the number of stations to display
• Filtered search function automatically lists the 10 stations closest to your current location that meet the filter criteria (available bikes, bike docks, or stations); adjusts the list dynamically as your location changes
• Reality+ augmented reality overlay for locating bike stations in live view
• Station clustering to make it easier to locate stations and bikes in a general area
BIKE AND BIKE DOCK AVAILABILITY
• Display the bike and bike dock availability for each bike station
• Convenient pie chart icons indicate bike and bike dock availability
• Search for stations by name, bike or bike dock availability
• Displays the time of the last update
• Search for stations by proximity to current location or to a place provided by Google
• Spotcycle supports multiple bike share schemes and bike paths in cities worldwide. Refer to the full list at www.spotcycle.net.
• Toggle display of bike paths (where supported), bike stations or both with the layers feature
• Displays bikes paths and lanes in supported cities
• Optimize biking directions using an address, your current position, a bike station, or a point of interest
• Search for local businesses provided by Google
• Save and group your favorite bike stations for quick access
• Optimize biking directions using an address, phone contact’s coordinates, your current position, a bike station, or a point of interest
• Search for nearby local businesses, such as restaurants and shops using Google
TIMER AND ALARM
• Keep track of your bike rental with a timer and alarm
• Displays distances in metric or imperial
• Choose and customize map views and pins
• Supports landscape mode
• Available in English and French
• Easy email access to contact Spotcycle team and supported bike share schemes (when available)
Spotcycle™ supports these and other popular bike-sharing schemes. Visit spotcycle.net for the complete list of supported schemes.
• Abu Dhabi (ADCB Bikeshare™)
• Melbourne, VIC (Melbourne Bike Share™)
• Montreal, QC (BIXI Montreal™)
• Toronto, ON (Bike Share Toronto™)
• London (Santander Cycles™)
• Boston, MA (Hubway™)
• Chicago, IL (Divvy Bikes™)
• Minneapolis, MN (Nice Ride Minnesota™)
• New York City, NY (Citi Bike™)
• San Diego, CA (DecoBike™ San Diego)
• Seattle, WA (Pronto Cycle Share™)
• Washington DC/Arlington VA, USA (Capital Bikeshare™)
• Most DecoBike™ bike share schemes
Requires iOS 7 or later; iPhone 4S or later; iPod 5th generation or later.
What's New in Version 4.1.1
Maintenance update that resolves minor issues.
The first thing that should be added is the ability to navigate( Google Maps) right from the app. Notifications with vibrations as I ride by bike stations. I'm not familiar with the area so returning the bikes on time was almost impossible. The time should be increased to 1 hour since tourists won't know where the stations are located at. That should be enough time to drop off the bikes.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Aug 17, 2015
- Version: 4.1.1
- Size: 4.8 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Seller: 8D Technologies inc.
- © 2014 8D Technologies Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.