Play/Pause and Next/Previous functions for Spotify directly on your Menu Bar!
The original and best Spotify utility!
HOW TO USE
1. Launch SpotiMy, perhaps set it to auto-launch on login.
2. Click on the system tray icon, and click "Play". Wait for Spotify to launch.
3. In Spotify, select the playlist you want. This should have more than one music track in it if you expect the Previous and Next functions to work.
4. Click on Play again, and listen to the music.
5. Enjoy the easy menu controls of SpotiMy while listening to music.
6. Leave a positive review for this simple utility! :)
Please read the following notes carefully, they will help you to use the utility:
1. In order for Play to work, it must work in Spotify, ie there must be a music track selected for playing. Pressing Play in SpotiMy, when Spotify isn't in a position to play, will not cause any music to play.
2. For the Previous and Next functions to work, Spotify must have music tracks in the current playlist for it to move to.
3. SpotiMy uses the keyboard shortcuts of Spotify - if you have changed those, SpotiMy will no longer work.
4. If you have previously left a negative review because of the above reasons, please take a minute to update your review! Thanks!
Removed the broken Share menu item.
If it isn't working for you, please read the Important Notes in the application description, or send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
Not much works for me. I can pause and play but the forward and backward buttons dont work. When you pause the song it doesn't change from the play button. I give it 3 stars because all of this could be fixed in an update.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the comments. The next/prev buttons will only work if Spotify has something ready in the previous or next positions, if it doesn't then they won't work.
Also note that Spotimy uses the default keyboard shortcuts, if they have changed, then it won't work either.
Only pause/play works
Pause play works, though the icon doesn't change. FF and Rewind don't seem to work.
A suggestion: I'd prefer multiple menu bar icons (one for play/pause another for skip/FF) to eliminate the need to click twice.
The only thing that works is the play button. And even then when it's playing it doesnt change to a "pause" button. its still a play "arrow." Next and previous buttons do not work. Glad this was free because its horrible.
Removed from apps folder within seconds of downloading. Don't waste your time.
Developer Response ,
The next/prev will only work if Spotify has something ready in those positions, just like Spotify itself.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.