By Calvir Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Play/Pause and Next/Previous functions for Spotify directly on your Menu Bar!
The original and best Spotify utility!
HOW TO USE
1. Launch SpotiMy, perhaps set it to auto-launch on login.
2. Click on the system tray icon, and click "Play". Wait for Spotify to launch.
3. In Spotify, select the playlist you want. This should have more than one music track in it if you expect the Previous and Next functions to work.
4. Click on Play again, and listen to the music.
5. Enjoy the easy menu controls of SpotiMy while listening to music.
6. Leave a positive review for this simple utility which has given you some nice functions :)
Please read the following notes carefully, because they are important to understand in order to gain benefit from this utility.
1. In order for Play to work, it must work in Spotify, ie there must be a music track selected for playing. Pressing Play in SpotiMy, when Spotify isn't in a position to play, will not cause any music to play.
2. For the Previous and Next functions to work, Spotify must have music tracks in the current play list for it to move to.
3. SpotiMy uses the keyboard shortcuts of Spotify - if you have changed those, SpotiMy will no longer work. If this is a feature you are interested in, please let us know!
4. If you have previously left a negative review because of the above reasons, please take a minute to update your review! Thanks!
What's New in Version 1.1
If Spotify isn't already running, SpotiMy will now launch it when any of the buttons are pressed.
Not much works for me. I can pause and play but the forward and backward buttons dont work. When you pause the song it doesn't change from the play button. I give it 3 stars because all of this could be fixed in an update.
Only pause/play works
Pause play works, though the icon doesn't change. FF and Rewind don't seem to work.
A suggestion: I'd prefer multiple menu bar icons (one for play/pause another for skip/FF) to eliminate the need to click twice.
The only thing that works is the play button. And even then when it's playing it doesnt change to a "pause" button. its still a play "arrow." Next and previous buttons do not work. Glad this was free because its horrible.
Removed from apps folder within seconds of downloading. Don't waste your time.