Spring - Workout Music for Running, Power Walking & Exercising
By Spring Moves, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Featured by Apple as Best New App and Best New Health & Fitness App. Spring is a dance club with a running problem.
With Spring you run, walk or bike like you dance - to the beat of songs you love. Spring is like having a personal workout DJ with you when you exercise.
Rhythm Based Movement (i.e. synchronizing your movement to music) has been scientifically proven (1) to improve athletic performance.
Recommended by Elle Magazine & Self Magazine.
- Get started quickly. Pick your activity, select your music and you're good to go.
- 35,000+ songs and thousands of artists handpicked to make you move faster, happier and better.
- Rate the songs you love to hear them more often.
- Track and Share your workouts with Friends.
- Change the tempo of your music during your workout.
- Interval Training: Design your own interval programs and let the music guide you between low and high intensity beats.
- Today Extension Compatibility: Get daily workout inspiration and keep track of your most recent activities.
- Apple Healthkit Integration
- Crews: Create a crew in Spring with your workout friends so you can and support, reward and challenge each other. Private sharing with the people you care about the most.
(1) “Effects of synchronous music on treadmill running among elite triathletes.”
Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport, 15, 52-57.
TRY FOR FREE
Spring comes with 5h of free music streaming. No registration needed, no hassles. Just get moving.
Spring will never interrupt your workout with ads.
GET SPRING UNLIMITED
Want unlimited skips and unlimited workout music? Upgrade to SPRING UNLIMITED and use the app as much you’d like, whenever you want! Upgrade to a Spring Unlimited subscription for $3.99 or save $28 by purchasing one year worth of Spring Unlimited for $19.99.
Your “Spring Unlimited” subscription will automatically renew each month and your credit card will be charged $3.99 (USD) per month through your iTunes account. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings. Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will automatically be charged at the same price renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current monthly period unless you change your subscription preferences in your account settings. You can manage your subscriptions through your Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
NOTE: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Terms of Service: http://www.springmoves.com/terms
What's New in Version 2.6
- NEW! Improved Setup Flow
It’s now easier to get started with Spring and to re-use previously saved settings. With our new setup flow you have more control over your SPM and music settings - happy moving!
- NEW! All Moves Are Saved
Every move you make will now automatically save to your ‘Moves’ tab.
- Miscellaneous Bug Fixes & performance improvements
Running just got a whole lot spicier!
I've been using Spring Moves for a year now to go running and I love this app. Here are my two biggest reasons. One, the music is on point because the team does a great job of selecting music that makes me want to get up and dance. It's especially helpful when I'm running because I once I pace my steps to the music, I take off. I will never forget the first mile I ran without stopping; I was sweaty and extremely proud. Two, Spring Moves is well thought out app from beginning to end. I can track all of my runs and create unique playlists for different exercises, like walking, sprinting, and jogging. I can also watch my run later on Instagram because Spring Moves creates videos for me to show off .... er, share my progress with all my friends!
Now that you've read all my reasons, download this app. Go for a run and then write a review telling me what you loved about Spring Moves!
Almost Everything You’ve Always Wanted
I’ve been using Spring for about a week now and after my first run, I had to buy an annual subscription. The app doesn’t use too much data (not near as much data as my kids use, anyway) and the music is great. You can choose which types of music you want to hear and how much of each type (a lot, a little, none). This is a great app and if you run to a beat like I do, I definitely recommend giving this app a try. It even attempts to beat match (sometimes poorly, but most of the time it’s pretty close) so you don’t lose your stride.
Would have received 5 stars if it did the following:
1. Better beat matching - match odd beats on odd beats, almost like what a DJ may do at a club.
2. Remember which songs I skip - Instead of having to go to my playlist after each workout and remember which songs I skipped, it should automatically move those songs to the Don’t Play category, especially after running for an hour and a half.
3. Have a set of clicks on the headphone button for the Play A Lot category (3 clicks sets the song to Play A Lot?).
Must-have running app!
My reaction when I first used Spring was: "This is amazing! Why has no one thought of this before??!" Prior to using Spring, I used to curate my own "high bpm" playlists. That took a lot of time and I usually got bored of the songs after a month or so. With Spring, I can set my bpm, types of music I like, skip tracks I don't like. The app also keeps track of my running speed + distance (how convenient!). And since I'm a big dork, I really enjoy seeing which tracks make me run faster vs. slower...
The only bummer is that the app needs cell reception / data connection to work. But other than that, love love love the app!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Feb 20, 2015
- Version: 2.6
- Size: 55.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Spring Moves, Inc
- © 2014 Spring Moves Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- spring subscription$3.99
- spring subscription$19.99
- Spring Unlimited$2.99
- Spring Unlimited$19.99
- Pay Per Spring-10 Hours$6.99