By Terrible Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Sprite Something is a drawing, animation and tilemap application for pixel artists and game developers. Draw multiple frames individually, then quickly drag and drop frames into an animation, or use your frames to draw tilemaps for your game levels. Export your creations to PNG, animated GIF's and CSV files (tilemaps).
For documentation, visit http://terriblegames.com/spriteSomething to download the Sprite Something Manual.
Sprite Something is also now available on the Mac App Store.
- create spritesheets / tiles for use in games
- edit frames individually and conveniently
- multiple layers for drawing (spritesheets only)
- animation: drag and drop animation frames
- tilemaps: draw using frames to create large maps
- iCloud: sync spritesheets, tilemaps, palettes across all your devices
- Dropbox: Import/Export files quickly and easily to/from your Dropbox account
- Photo Library: Import/Export spritesheets to/from your Photo Library
- GIF export: save and email gif previews of your animation
- HSB/RGB color select
- Recent colors list
- scalable preview to see your pixel work at multiple sizes
- onion skinning for easy tracing or cloning frames
- place photos from your library behind editing area
- add custom GIMP color palettes, or create palettes from your drawings
- assignable three and four finger swipe gestures (changeable in Settings)
- add new or save out your drawings through iTunes
- export via email
- export individual frame images
- optimized for Retina display, iOS 5.0+ compatible, landscape and portrait views
- touch and hold to select color when using pencil, line or fill
- touch the onion skin button once for relative frame difference, twice for locked onion skin frame
- when exporting individual frames, limit exported frames by creating a list of comma separated numbers or number ranges (i.e. 1,3,5-8,12)
Learn tools and tips about Sprite Something: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE9903D1642039E69
Drawing supports PNG files up to 1024x1024, tilemaps up to 200x200.
Follow @mattfox12 on Twitter for latest news. Sprite Something is also available on the Mac App Store.
What's New in Version 2.14
• Merge Layers
• Move All Layers option for Move Tool
• Export to Photo Library exports flattened layers instead of just the current layer
• Animations: Selecting a frame appears correctly centered in iOS 8
• Additional bugfixes
Sprite artists read first.
In fairness, there is a good amount of things that this app does right/well that I wish other apps offered.
It should be mentioned that If you're going to use this app for making sprites and animations FOR ACTUAL GAME USE, then this app is ideal for people on the go.
-There are some glitchy quirks with the images saving correctly.
-There are some functions and features that are not very clear or intuitive and can become confusing.
-No rescale options and no option to "save as" (alternate picture save)
I would note If you're looking for a sprite app as a drawing outlet to create sprite art then I would suggest you look else where for something that's not as pricey.
Again this app is really more for game design/users, more so than sprite enthusiasts and artists.
I am now an on the go sprite making Ninja
I know other reviews said they had problem with quality but I exported using 4x and it turns out perfect that way. Only feature I'd like to see is using multiple sprite sheets in a tile map. Which... May be possible. I've only had this for a couple days now. Great work devs!!!!
Great Pixel app!
I love drawing apps. There are apps on iTunes that allow you to import your art work into games, or create games using your art work and Sprite Something provides the tools to accomplish that. This is certainly a five star app. It's easy to use and straightforward.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 03, 2015
- Version: 2.14
- Size: 3.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Terrible Games
- © 2010-14 Terrible Games
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.