By Växa Design Group
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Grow Easy. Grow Smart. Sprout it® is a free app that grows with you! Grow your own fresh vegetables and herbs with Sprout it's fully customized support. Select plants, schedule plantings and get detailed instructions, reminders and info when you need it most.
Here's what you'll get with the Sprout it app:
- Library of the most popular plants and varieties, so you can learn which vegetables and herbs are best for your garden and location
- Get inspired with themed gardens, projects and recipes
- Location-based intelligence to help you time plantings correctly based on your frost date
- Option to grow from seed, starter plants, sets and now including support for Miracle-Gro® Gro-ables® Seed Pods™
- Interactive milestones make sure your real garden matches your Sprout it garden
- Beautiful illustrations to help you visually track your garden's progress
- Reminders, tips and information specific to your plants and your garden delivered at the right times, based on your planting dates and preferences
- Easy-to-read reference information for plant care, harvest, common problems and storage & cooking
- Completing your gardener profile helps us customize your experience
- Integrated weather information and alerts to help with protection and recovery when severe weather hits
- A single log-in offers access to your account across iPhone, iPad and responsive web platforms
Every garden is different and the Sprout it app supports growing a garden that's right for your location and lifestyle—first-timer or experienced, conventional or organic, backyard or patio.
Please note: Location information based on postal codes is currently only available in the US. We will be expanding our location services to include Canada and UK in Spring 2014. Further extension of international support will be based on demand.
Sprout it is brought to you by Växa Design Group with support from our sponsor, Miracle-Gro®.
What's New in Version 3.1.0
Critical bug fix in the iPad version for the weekly tasks and the Planting profile.
Great App - Wish there were more options
Great starter app for gardening. Just wish there was a way to modify the names of plantings, since, for example, I have several different tomato plants started from seeds at different times. Also, wish there was more varieties of plants (why no strawberries?) or a way I could input the info directly from the seed package and to make my own custom plantings. There should be some flowers - especially marigolds since most gardeners I know plant these along with their tomatoes. Really like this app - look forward to more updates and functionality.
Great app very helpful gardening tool
I've been using Sprout it to grow a variety of plants like tomatoes, lettuce, peppers, peas, Brussels sprouts and pumpkins with more success than in the past.
I really wanted to like it, but it's not user friendly - no way to scrap a garden and start over without going through and removing each plant, one by one. Then it takes you back to the first plant in the list so you're spending more time scrolling and deleting than actually planning.
I'm also not impressed with required registration.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Mar 26, 2014
- Version: 3.1.0
- Size: 25.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: VAXA DESIGN GROUP ltd
- © Växa Design Group
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.