Sprout it - Gardening ideas and tips, planting organic vegetables, herbs & fruits guide
By Växa Design Group
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Grow Easy. Grow Smart. Sprout it® is a free app that grows with you! Grow your own fresh vegetables and herbs with Sprout it's fully customized support. Select plants, schedule plantings and get detailed instructions, reminders and info when you need it most.
Here's what you'll get with the Sprout it app:
- Library of the most popular plants and varieties, so you can learn which vegetables and herbs are best for your garden and location
- Get inspired with themed gardens, projects and recipes
- Location-based intelligence to help you time plantings correctly based on your frost date
- Option to grow from seed, starter plants, sets and now including support for Miracle-Gro® Gro-ables® Seed Pods™
- Interactive milestones make sure your real garden matches your Sprout it garden
- Beautiful illustrations to help you visually track your garden's progress
- Reminders, tips and information specific to your plants and your garden delivered at the right times, based on your planting dates and preferences
- Easy-to-read reference information for plant care, harvest, common problems and storage & cooking
- Completing your gardener profile helps us customize your experience
- Integrated weather information and alerts to help with protection and recovery when severe weather hits
- A single log-in offers access to your account across iPhone, iPad and responsive web platforms
Every garden is different and the Sprout it app supports growing a garden that's right for your location and lifestyle—first-timer or experienced, conventional or organic, backyard or patio.
Please note: Location information based on postal codes is currently only available in the US. We will be expanding our location services to include Canada and UK in Spring 2014. Further extension of international support will be based on demand.
Sprout it is brought to you by Växa Design Group with support from our sponsor, Miracle-Gro®.
What's New in Version 3.2.9
Enhanced iOS 8 compatibility
Just died. Thanks skynet.
I really liked this app, my favorite of my gardening apps. But it just died. Automatically signed me off and won't let me back in now. Doesn't recognize my account at all. Truly hoping my data isn't lost. If it is... Probably won't be putting it back in. That's too much work for the amount of plants I had. Too bad this was where I was keeping most of my dates. Guess it's back to trusty old pen and paper. At least it doesn't spontaneously erase itself.
This planting app is the best one out there that I have found that works and really keeps track of my home garden. I really wish there were more fruit, veggie and herb choices. Most importantly I wish there was a way to track the flowers that I have grown and what I have planted where.
This was my favorite garden app!! It was easy to use, helped keep all of my individual plants' info organized, and was user friendly.
However, I updated my app and now it's as if this never existed! I can't log in nor can I contact customer support.
I hope all of my info for this year isn't lost, however, I have a feeling it may be. Highly disappointing.