By Applicate Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Sputnik! is an easy to use tool for predicting when the International Space Station will pass by your location or when an Iridium Flare will be visible in the skies above.
- Predictions of satellite and ISS sightings accurate to the second.
- Second by second countdown to the satellite sighting.
- Automatically keeps track of the correct universal time. No need to worry about whether your device clock is accurately set.
- Notification of upcoming satellite sightings even when the app is not running.
- Displays compass direction and elevation for your device to easily find the part of the sky where the sighting will occur (requires capable device).
- Rotate your device to landscape orientation to show exactly where the satellite will pass in the night sky.
- Share sightings via Twitter, Facebook, Mail, Messages and others.
- Automatic download of up to date satellite orbital data, even when the app is not running.
- Offline calculations, no need to be connected to the internet once orbital data has been downloaded.
- Input your location automatically by GPS, select from a map or enter coordinates manually.
- Save your favorite places for easy access.
- Audio cues for the last seconds before the satellite passes by.
Sputnik! on Apple Watch:
- Easily find the next and last sighting at your current location.
- Detailed notifications for upcoming sightings.
- Glance view showing time left until your next sighting.
* Sputnik! is ad-supported *
What's New in Version 2.6
- Fixed an issue where notifications could not be scheduled on iOS7.
- Fixed various issues with the Watch App.
*** The Sputnik! Watch App now requires WatchOS 2 ***
Use this app all the time
This app is awesome and freakishly accurate with its predictions. It does better than another app I have, or even the heavensabove site.
I love the beeps! Those too are really accurate with the beep at the brightest magnitude. Amazes me what humans can accomplish with some math formulas.
This app allows you to easily catch satellite flares brighter than Venus, and see the space station zoom by your city. You get to see the space technology in action with your own eyes. Highly recommend.
We don't use Sputnik often, but when we do, and the sky is clear, and we do see the space station or a satellite, it's so exciting! We point and shout and exclaim to strangers. Good job!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Mar 01, 2016
- Version: 2.6
- Size: 7.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Applicate Ltd
- © 2010-2016 Applicate Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Go Ad-Free$0.99