Spyglass for SecuritySpy
By SK Dev Solutions, LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Spyglass is the easiest way to view your Security Spy cameras right on your iPhone. It's also beautiful, too! Forget a ridiculous-looking IP camera app -- this is the real deal guys, and we hope you love it.
Created by two people who are addicted to their Security Spy cameras, Spyglass offers you complete control of your server from the palm of your hand. Here are just some of the features in the app:
• Automatic camera creation — just enter your server information and we do the rest!
• Push notifications if motion alerts are triggered.
• Live audio streaming if your camera supports it.
• We also automatically optimize camera quality and refresh rate based on your network conditions. This lets you still view your cameras if you're on a super slow connection as opposed to slowing down your whole phone, and you also have the option to disable automatic mode and use manual configurations.
• A beautiful matrix view of cameras that support one or two rows.
• Full PTZ control with zoom and presets.
• View all of your recorded history that's available — pictures and movies.
• Take still frame shots right from the live camera feed that save the photos to your camera roll.
• Landscape viewing.
• It supports unlimited servers, so if you have more than one you'd like to monitor, you don't have to worry about using multiple apps.
Please let us know how you like using the app and what other features you would like integrated and we will do our best! Also feel free to reach out to us on email and Twitter! And if you love Spyglass please leave us a great five star rating!
What's New in Version 2.0.3
+Improved PTZ support
+Server search will find v4 servers now
+More v4 support on the way
Buggy and not well supported
This app keeps coming close to being perfect but has a few bugs and the developers don't seem to update it very often. First we had the "won't stop panning" bug when you start PTZ, which they finally fixed in this release after at least a year. But now it won't stop Zooming...start to zoom in (or out) and it just zooms ALL the way in (or out), at least with my Foscam camera. I've also noticed that when you set it to receive a notification for motion detection on a specific camera, it randomly activates that option on other cameras as well, so I start getting notifications for motion that I didn't want. It does its basic functions well and I want to love it but I wish they'd test it better and fix bugs more quickly, especially for a paid app.
Still needs feedback with the audio button. Can't tell if audio is on or off-- should be a sliding switch or change color when activated.
head of IT at my house
I had the same problem with Spyglass quitting and not connecting with my server. After returning from a trip I tried rebooting SecuritySpy and rebooting my router with no positive results. I then tried deleting (-) the webserver from the page that shows the numbers on my iphone ( 192.168.0.32:8000) in my case. I then added + the server and everything started working again. I think my computer had reassigned an IP number to the SS server and my phone was using the old number as the 32 was different when I created a new server. Good luck. I'm not an IT guy, so use this information at your own risk.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Aug 23, 2016
- Version: 2.0.3
- Size: 9.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: SK Dev Solutions, LLC
- © 2015 SK DEV Solutions, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.