Browse, search, and update all your Microsoft SQL Server databases on the go with the DataGlass Mobile Database Client for SQL Server! DataGlass is your one stop for complete and flexible access to your SQL Servers. From DBAs and IT professionals that need to run ad-hoc queries, to executives who need immediate access to the raw data, to analysts who need to build and execute sophisticated reports, DataGlass is the only app you will need to connect you directly to your data. Whether you are accessing your servers from your local network, or remotely through your organization's secure VPN, you never need to be without the information that is the lifeblood of the modern enterprise. DataGlass requires no complicated desktop servers or expensive middleware to set up: the speed and flexibility of direct connections to your server provides unparallelled efficiency.
Take an interactive tour of the app at: http://www.impathic.com/sqlserver
DataGlass is the only app that can read and update your Microsoft SQL Server database directly from your iPhone or iPad without any additional complex desktop or server software setup.
• Compatible with SQL Server 7.0, 2000, 2005, 2008, and 2008R2
• An unlimited number of databases can be simultaneously managed by DataGlass
• Connect directly to your databases without the need for complex and expensive middleware
• Corporate databases can be accessed remotely using a VPN or by using the built-in SSH tunneling
• Can access tables and views in OLTP databases and data warehouses alike
• Export your raw data to Numbers, Mail, or CSV files for inclusion in external reports
• Save local snapshots of your data for browsing offline or on the road
• Print the results of your queries directly from your printer-enabled iOS device
• Build and execute sophisticated queries spanning multiple tables using the innovative Query Designer, or enter custom SQL
• Visit http://support.impathic.com to make feature suggestions or report problems
• Fixed issue with inability to scroll while editing record on iPad
• Fixed issue with settings window and help page on iPad
• Fix for errors with SMALLINT fields
• Fix for crash when selecting the SQL Editor
• Improved Azure support
• Fix for "network not reachable" error when connecting from an IPv6 network
• Fix for disappearing fields when editing in landscape mode
• Fix for eventual memory error when frequently updating records
• 64-bit support
Ratings and Reviews
Vital Functionality missing and overpriced
I feel a bit cheated out of my $10.
Easy to setup and connect
Quick and fast access to all the tables
Brings back all the data in the tables and allows you to edit easily individually.
However I DO NOT believe this is what 99% of DB admins or developers want.
The main missing component of this is a free form entry to run any sort of query.
While traveling, the main uses for myself for an app like this is, to be able to introspect a table. Similar to design view in SQL Studio. There is nothing like that here.
Also, many times I need to check a complex query that is failing so I need to be able to run that, and there is no way to do that.
Also sometimes I need to check the query behind a view or stored procedure.
I feel that I deserve a refund, because I have paid for something that offers little to no value for my business purposes, as I bought this right before I am to travel for work, and now I will not be able to get the use out of it that I was expecting.
Could do more
If all you want to do is browse the contents of tables, it's fine. But it doesn't seem to allow you to run your own queries or anything. Also it should utilize the 12" iPad's larger screen.
Not working anymore
There was a time when I could connect to my database but not anymore
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.