By Square, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Open Square Wallet to find great local businesses anywhere you are. Square Wallet puts your credit card, loyalty cards, and receipts into one app. Open Square Wallet, check in to the business you’re visiting, then simply say your name at checkout to pay. Your linked payment card is charged automatically.
Get started in three easy steps:
1. Download Square Wallet. Set up your account and link a credit or debit card.
2. Visit a local business and open Square Wallet to check in.
3. Tell the cashier you’d like to pay with Square Wallet. They’ll ask for your name and confirm your photo. That’s it!
With Square Wallet you can:
- Pay with your phone.
- Charge transactions directly to your credit or debit card. There’s no hassle of reloading funds.
- Set up “Auto Check In” for your favorite places, then pay with your name–without taking your phone out of your pocket.
- Track rewards using automatic digital punch cards.
- View receipts instantly and see previous payments at any time.
- Discover new places to shop and eat.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 3.0.3
Bug fixes and improvements.
works like a charm. just wish more stores used it.
i always have my phone out. my wallet, not so much. i use this at a food kiosk near my house - you know, small-business-owner, artisanal meat pies, yadda yadda - and it's very groovy to have her pull up the site and have my face and info pop up. Super frustrating when I ask "do you have Square?" and they do but not the thing that's connected to my square wallet.
First, I encouraged a local biz 2 months ago to get this to work with Square which they already had. To date, I've been unable to get the biz to show unless I do a "Search". Intermittently, I show up on their iPad even tho I set to "auto". Well, last nite I wasn't there but at a neighboring biz. This morn I was showing there even tho a mile away. Thankfully, we know each other well, so they did a test and charged me $1 to see if it worked. It did. They refunded the $1. But the fact remains I wasn't there, had not purchased anything and I was charged. I'm removing the APP and strongly suggest others do the same. It's unfortunate too imperfect.
Works about 50% of the time
I desperately want this technology to work. I've tried it on numerous occasions and find it works about half the time.
Perhaps someday I will be a leave home without my wallet. Until then I will continue to carry my credit card.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Feb 12, 2014
- Version: 3.0.3
- Size: 9.0 MB
- Languages: English, Basque, Chinese, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Square, Inc.
- © 2014 Square, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.