Square Register - Accept Credit Card Payments with Square's Mobile Point of Sale
By Square, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Everything you need to run and grow your business can now live in your register. Square Register keeps track of sales and inventory, lets you manage items, and view analytics about your business—all from your point of sale. If you are in the U.S., you can also take payments with a Square Reader or Square Stand. No fees, commitments, or surprises.
Square Register has everything you need to start, run and grow your business from your iOS device. Get the latest in point-of-sale features with app updates.
- Swipe or key in all major credit cards (U.S., Canada, and Japan)
- Customers sign right on your device (U.S., Canada, and Japan)
- Record cash, gift cards, and other forms of tender
- Customize your products with photos, names, and prices
- Send receipts via email or text message
- Apply discounts and issue refunds
- Access real-time sales data and complete sales history
- Gain business insights from Square Analytics
- Track inventory in real time
- Connects to receipt printer, kitchen ticket printer, bar code scanner, and cash drawer
Sign in to your web dashboard to access all your business data, plus tools to help you track and improve your business.
PAYMENT INFORMATION FOR U.S. AND CANADA
2.75% PER SWIPE
Swipe $100, see $97.25 in your bank account. Accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express cards at the same rate.
Square deposits payments into your bank account in 1-2 business days.
FREE SECURE MOBILE CREDIT CARD READER
Request your free Square Reader at sign-up. Credit card information is encrypted at swipe.
What's New in Version 4.22.2
• Assign permissions to employees. (iPad only)
• Track sales by employees. (iPad only)
• Manage Register access across multiple business locations. (iPad only)
• Improved stability.
Thanks for selling with Square. We send app updates every month, and recommend enabling automatic app updates to ensure you're always selling with the latest Square features. In iOS 7 or later, visit Settings > iTunes & App Store > Automatic Downloads and enable Updates. Have questions? Visit our Support Center at https://squareup.com/help
I've used Square for over 2 years and have never had any surprise fees. Very reliable. However, lately, the app has a glitch. When the client hits custom tip, it brings up the numbers pad in portrait and when and it won't adjust to landscape mode and won't go away which makes it difficult to sign and hit "done signing". I'm sure it will get fixed soon. No other complaints here!!
Love the app and register, but it's SLOW
Use it at my workplace (Amy's Ice Creams) and while the app is very well designed and easy to use, it is VERY slow, taking a half second or more to pop up the item configuration screen when I tap on an item. Every button press has at least a half second delay which is frustrating with a long line of customers.
Square is great!!
I have been using the square for well over ya year. I have tried others, but the square has never had a glitch or problem. Money is in the bank next business day. The percentage is good. I have now the knew chip reader. It is a little slower, but works well swiping or with chip.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Jul 20, 2015
- Version: 4.22.2
- Size: 91.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Square, Inc.
- © 2015 Square, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.