SquareSynth - Chiptune Synthesizer and NES Simulator
By James N
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Authentic 8 Bit synthesizer, based on the NES.
SquareSynth is an 8bit synthesizer, and NES simulator for iOS. Using the instrument tables, and high quality NES-style oscillators, you can create sounds similar to 8bit game consoles, and computers. Must have app for chiptune musicians, or musicians in general. If you want to use 8 bit sounds, live or recorded, look no further! Many presets included.
• Band limited audio
• Looping .wav recorder. Play/Edit sample in real time, or make one-shots
• Audiobus 2 sender, with state saving
• Trigger multiple instruments via MIDI
• iTunes and Clipboard export
• Original NES waveform oscillators (Pulse, Triangle, Short Noise, and Long Noise)
• Glide, Full Pulse width modulation, and Vibrato
• Control Pitch, Wave-type, and Pulse width, via instrument table
Need some help? Look Here: http://jnapps.wordpress.com/squaresynth-manual/
What's New in Version 2.0.9
-Fixed Erase button
I have never rated an app before, but this one is just too perfect. It's exactly what a chiptune or video game music composer is looking for, not to mention literally anyone else who just wants to play around with 8 bit sounds. I can't believe it only costs $3! Amazing synth app with endless creativity and entertainment, for kids to professionals.
Really Amazing App! 😘
Out of all the synthesizer apps I have played with, this one is by far the most amazing ever! Sounds really cool, like something you can find on an NES. I definitely recommend this app. It is amazing!
So perfect!! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
This app has so many sounds perfect for anyone looking to create music for an 8 but video game. Each preset is fully customizable, and u can even record in GarageBand with it!