Squash — Web Image Compression
By Realmac Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
"In my tests, the detail looked just as good in the compressed images as in the original. There are no visible compression artefacts." — 9to5Mac
Squash is a simple, powerful app for compressing and converting images for the web and more.
Optimizing the filesize of your images shouldn’t mean making them grainy or blurred. Dropping your images into Squash maintains their existing quality while reducing filesize and saving space!
Squash works just like magic.
- Drag and drop simplicity, single or multiple images supported
- Reduce file size of images and photos for faster uploading
- Compress JPG, and PNG without losing image quality
- Convert PNGs into JPGs
- convert PSD's, RAW, and TIFF files into JPGs
- Optionally remove private JPG meta data
- Batch convert a folder full images
- Custom prefix file names for converted images
Why Use Squash?
- Reducing the size of files for sending as email attachments.
- Optimize images for websites and email campaigns so they load instantly online.
- Slow internet? Drop images on Squash to save time when uploading to Facebook or Twitter!
- Converting TIFF and RAW files into JPG's so they are web friendly.
- And so much more.
What's New in Version 2.0.2
- Added a preference to convert PNGs into JPGs
- Added a preference to remove meta data
- Removed gif compression due to licensing issues (sorry)
- We now keep date created meta data intact
- Various other fixes and improvements
Good, not great
It seems to do a decent a job as you would expect.
Would be really nice if it actually, you know, showed you statistics about the individual files and stuff. Kind of mystery meat at this point.
That’s an orange, not a squash
- Category: Graphics & Design
- Updated: Dec 10, 2016
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 9.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Realmac Software Limited
- © Realmac Software
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor