Everyone needs a break once in a while. Squeak will help you plan breaks throughout the day. If you spend long hours sitting at a desk, this app is for you!
Easily create breaks for any time with custom labels for each break:
- Single breaks: Set just one break on a particular date.
- Multi breaks: Set multiple breaks on a particular date.
- Work breaks: Set multiple breaks that follow your work schedule.
Squeak will show you a quick summary of your next break time and how many breaks you have scheduled for the day, right on the home page.
BREAKS FOR ANY TIME OF THE DAY
When the time comes to take your break, Squeak will give you activity suggestions for that time of the day.
From stretches to snacks, you'll find something to do that works for that moment.
EASY TO USE INTERFACE
- Set up the time using the circle dial, just like a clock with hands!
- Turn your breaks on and off by swiping them left or right.
- Set the date by tapping on the calendar circles.
- Tap and hold, then drag down to delete breaks or clear your schedule.
- Break points: Every break you take will give you happiness points for your sloth. You'll earn more points with breaks that take more effort or are healthier.
- Daily goal: You can set your own points goal and challenge yourself every day to make your sloth happy.
- Stats: You can see the different types of breaks you have selected in your personal stats.
TALK TO US
Let us know what you think on Twitter @danpichardo
We look forward to hearing how you're using our app - leave us a review with your feedback!
A Frog and a Monkey
A Frog and A Monkey Design & Development Team:
Jeunessa Cheng (developer)
Daniela Pichardo (designer)
Oops! This version of Squeak includes many wonderful bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Really cute, useful
This app is really cute and useful to remind me to take breaks at work. As of this writing, there haven't been any updates for several years, so I don't know how long it will keep working in conjunction with iOS updates.
It would be nice if it were a bit more customizable: you set the number of breaks during the day, a certain intervals, but my concern is simply taking a short break once every hour, not how many breaks I take during the day. Also, the length of the break would be good to be able to customize.
It's motivating to earn points to keep your sloth happy by doing certain activities, and handy to be able to shuffle the choices.
One possible bug: mime keeps popping up THREE (3) break notifications each time. I can't find anywhere in the settings to change this. Another issue I have with this app is the fact that the notifications often go away before you've even had a chance to see them. The only way to know it's break time (or that you missed it) is if you look at the app itself as see the red "1" on the app icon.
Would love to see this app improve and become more popular!
So far it's great and adorable!
Needed a simple app to remind me to get up during the day and this one is adorable and does the job! Customizable enough and has a few sound options and love that it gives you ideas for your break like stretching or a snack or just hanging out or doing you're own thing. Makes me feel accountable by getting my goal points during the day too!
How can I distinguish break types
Obviously, a "munch" break is easy to detect, but "chill" breaks are more difficult. Perhaps including an icon on the choice screen would be helpful, as opposed to the second screen describing the action.
Don't know why I get three reminders in the same moment to take a break. One will suffice.
Other than that, I love this app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.