The Sri Lanka City Guides - A travel guide for Sri Lanka
By Eden Villas Management
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
****After a long hiatus we are going full steam ahead - we apologise for the lack of updates over the last few months but let us assure you in the coming weeks this will be the only iOS App you'll need for Sri Lanka!! the app will remain free and the updates will come thick and fast - watch this space***
***FREE FREE FREE! We love Sri Lanka and know you will too so we dropped purchase price to.....completely FREE! All yours and all for nothing - download now and you'll have it forever!!!***
This guide to Sri Lanka, is packed with information on some of the best places to stay, to eat, to shop and the best activities in the country. If you want to avoid the standard tourist spots then the Sri Lanka Guide App is definitely for you. Now were are not saying that this app will replace your Lonely Planet or your Rough Guide, they are essential. But it is the perfect partner as we live and work in Sri Lanka and are constantly visiting the listings within the app and therefore constantly updating the information – our finger is somewhat on the pulse.
Almost all the venue's/restaurants/hotels/activities listed on the Guide have been visited by one of our team and all details within are a combination of those from the owners, our opinions and those of previous travellers, where we list a venue, but have not visited it we are clear about this.
Once downloaded the app is fully usable offline however you must download all the info within the app first. As apple has a limit on how large an app can be downloaded using mobile internet – we decided to keep initial download low. In the app you must visit each page whilst connected to the internet to get the best performance – it will then be kept on the guide for offline use.
We advise you purchase a pay as you go sim-card from Dialog Mobile – calls are cheap as chips!
• Details and locations of restaurants, shops, cafés, hotels, guesthouses, activities and much more...
• Reviews of restaurants and retail outlets
• Discount vouchers coming back soon!!
• Maps, with GPS tracking, perfect for avoiding those pesky roaming charges. We have been forced to use third party (Google Maps) mapping software as the native Maps app is pretty low on detail – especially in Sri Lanka. The map will work offline once you view the entire map - it will save everything you view for offline viewing.
•Information on upcoming events country wide
•Location of Banks and ATM's
•The history of cities
•Emergency numbers and contact details of airline offices and other major service providers.
We hope you enjoy your time in Sri Lanka as much as we do!
• When using the Sri Lanka Guide for the first time or updating the content using the refresh button please be patient as the length of time taken to download the most recent news and info depends on the speed of your connection - which can sometimes be a little slow when here in Sri Lanka.
What's New in Version 6.0.0
>>> WE MIGRATED SERVERS. WE ARE BACK ONLINE!!!! THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE <<<
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Feb 21, 2015
- Version: 6.0.0
- Size: 32.6 MB
- Languages: English, German, Northern Sami, Spanish
- Seller: Eden Villas Management (Private) Limited
- © 2015 Thomas Francis
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Sri Lanka Guide - Full VersionFree