By Yang Yubo
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
SSH Tunnel allows you to easily manage and precisely control your ssh tunnels.
SSH Tunnel is able to remember the ssh login password and save it to OS X's keychain. Furthermore, SSH Tunnel is designed to automatically reconnect when your Mac is waking up from sleep.
- Auto launch when log in OS X
- Can manage multiple ssh tunnels and port forwardings
- Individual port forwarding can be enabled or disabled at will
- Automatically reconnect after disconnected by errors or waking up from sleep
- Remember and autofill ssh login passwords in OS X keychain automatically
- Able to manage private keys, and can remember / forget passphrases of private keys in keychain
- Tunnels can be imported from / exported as JSON file
- Support Local / Remote Port Forwarding tunnels
- Can create and share SOCKS v5 proxy (aka Dynamic Port Forwarding)
- Support compressing ssh connection
- Support public/private key and password & keyboard authentication methods
- Support connecting through SOCKS v5 / SOCKS v4 / HTTPS proxy with authentication
- Fully compatible with OpenSSH and PKCS#8 private keys
SSH Tunnel support mail: email@example.com
What's New in Version 15.02.1
1. Support PKCS#8 private key format
2. New "Connect via Interface" option, allows connecting to SSH server via particular network interface
3. Fix a bug cause the app become unresponsive under "Menu bar icon" mode while password / passphrase dialog pops up
Works as described, small memory footprint.
Updated review: 2-star to 5-star in 2 days time. Yang Yubo is a beast!
This is an update to my review below. The dev has fixed directly all the issues I mentioned below with the 15.02.1 release within TWO DAYS of my writing about them here. So without reiterating what everyone is saying about how solid and useful this app is, I’ll add to that by pointing out how ON-IT the dev is at squishing bugs and maintaing their app’s well deserved 5-star rating.
The newest version is a bit of a calamity for me. This was once one of my prized apps. It took me a long time to find a polished, professional grade tunnel manager for work use (Operations Engineering). Since updating every day use is frought with bugginess. Very frustrated, and the worst of it is I can’t figure out how to revert to the previous version!
I’m dealing with:
-Can’t enter text into the interactive password field/popup (unless opened from the SSH Tunnel window, for some reason). Opening from the menu bar app opens a window, but I can’t drop a cursor in the field.
-Lost interactive password popups - upon selecting a login target the password popup appears to be lost somewhere. Maybe a full screen issue? When this happens the menu bar app is frozen, highlighted blue. Have to force quit from activity monitor or command line.
I would rollback if I could but I don’t see how. I would delete the app and reinstall but I’m worried I’ll lose my extensive tunnel configurations.
- Category: Developer Tools
- Updated: Feb 10, 2015
- Version: 15.02.1
- Size: 4.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Yang Yubo
- © 2014, Codinn
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- SSH Tunnel PremiumFree