St. Louis Public Radio App:
The St. Louis Public Radio App allows you to listen to St. Louis Public Radio live, pause and rewind the live audio, and view the program schedule for all the St. Louis Public Radio streams at once! You can explore On Demand content, search for stories, bookmark a story for later, and wake up to St. Louis Public Radio with the alarm clock!
• DVR-like controls (pause, rewind, and fast forward). You can pause the live stream to have a conversation and pick up right where you left off! Or rewind to catch a comment you just missed!
• Listen to live streams from St. Louis Public Radio even while traveling! Start the app and your favorite station starts playing – no clicks to start listening.
• Integrated program schedules for every station. You can display up to three of your favorites at a time or flick once to see the schedules for all of your favorite stations.
• One click stream switching – flip over to the program you noticed on another stream with a single click.
• Listen to St. Louis Public Radio in the background while browsing the web or catching up on your emails!
• Access public radio programs from multiple content providers (NPR, PRI, APM and St. Louis Public Radio) easily and quickly.
• DVR-like controls. Pause, rewind and fast forward your program with ease.
• When listening to national programs, individual story segments (when available) are listed so you can review and choose one or listen to the entire program.
• Easy to access past programs.
• The St. Louis Public Radio App displays the web page associated with the program or story segment you are listening to On Demand so you can explore for more information.
• Save what you were listening to (Live or On Demand) so you can replay, follow-up, or share it later by simply clicking “Bookmark”.
• Compatible with the popular Radio Bookmark device (www.radiobookmark.com).
• The unique “Search Public Radio” feature finds stories or programs across hundreds of stations and web pages and makes it easy to play instantly.
• Easily share stories and programs with family and friends via the “Share” button.
• A built in Sleep Timer and Alarm Clock allows you to go to sleep and wake up to your favorite station.
The St. Louis Public Radio App is brought to you by the people at St. Louis Public Radio and Public Media Apps. We work to provide our valued listeners with great solutions to find what you want, when you want it, and where you want it.
Please support St. Louis Public Radio by becoming a member today!
Improvements based on user feedback
Ratings and Reviews
How do I turn it off?
I listened for one hour this morning while I worked out. When I finished, battery power had dropped to 90%. I turned off the app and Bluetooth. Five hours later it’s down to 61% and Settings tells me the KWMU app has used 45% of it with “background activity”. How can I stop this? What turns it off?
Could be higher
I listen to STL public radio in the morning while getting ready for work. Would get a higher rating except for the tendency to stall, then repeat content until I either pause programming. In some cases I've needed to delete then reinstall the app. Oh, and all you others using the app for free, please consider becoming a sustaining member of the station.
Constantly Turns itself off
Thought I had struck gold with this app because you can stream both of the HD stations- 1 is Jazz 2 is Classical. Great when it works but it almost always turns itself off anywhere from 2-60 minutes after I start streaming on my iPhone 7s. Generally have it running at night when phone is plugged in for recharge so no issues with power consumption.
- University of Missouri-St. Louis, St. Louis Public Radio
- 57.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Sky Blue Technologies Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.