Stack Exchange is a network of 100+ question and answer communities on everything from software programming to cooking, photography, and gaming. With this app you can:
• Read, ask, and answer questions on the best question and answer center in the world
• Track all your interests in one place with the new combined feed view
• Get instant notifications when you receive an answer or comment
This is the official app for all Stack Exchange sites, including Stack Overflow, Super User, Server Fault, Ask Ubuntu and Arqade.
New to Stack Exchange? Here’s how it works:
• Anybody can ask or answer a question
• The best answers are voted to the top
• You earn reputation points for every vote you receive
• Unlock privileges as you earn reputation, like the ability to comment or vote
• The community is run by you: moderators are elected, and top users have access to special tools to help moderate
- Fixed a crash on iOS 8 when viewing a second question in the app. I guess I should have dropped iOS 8 support when I said I was going to. This is it though, assuming nothing else breaks.
- Fixed notification routing if you have both this app and the Stack Overflow app installed. (Both apps need to be updated for the fix to work.)
Because you asked so nicely on meta:
- Added dimming and highlighting for wildcard favorite and ignored tags.
- Fixed iPad first-question-favorited label highlighting.
- Fixed sorting filtered by no-answer and multiple tags (any).
- Improved "next answer" button behavior on page breaks.
- Made the "Flag" button still work when flagging fails.
- Better support for image links where the embedded image is scaled.
- Stopped wiping out the default site list when pinning the first site.
- Added moderator diamond to users' account lists.
- Tag wikis match better match the web site.
- Fixed scrolling on wide MathJax.
- Removed errant s's.
If you want your bug featured on the above list (and fixed), please ask on meta. There's a helpful shortcut in the "About" page in the menu.
Ratings and Reviews
This is one of the most useful and brilliant apps in the App Store. I use it every day all the time. Whenever I have any question on software development, I just look here and have the answer within a few. A wonderful community where people just like you in your situation are here to help you.
Thank you stack overflow!!!
Willing to oversee minor issues
An app that with one year of no updates works this great still, I can appreciate that. They got my full stars rating, but seriously you guys, at least adjust for the bigger screen sizes available.
Ask a professional software engineer for help with login interface
Hey stack exchange, you should ask one of those “computer programmers” for help with your login interface. You can find them on a site called “stack overflow”.
But I like how you require a login to report bugs. Sweet idea, then if the login keeps asking for captcha after some dumb user has done the annoying captcha and they decide to file a bug report, you never have to deal with it. Nice. Was that the CEO’s idea?
- Stack Exchange, Inc
- 74.1 MB
Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2015 Stack Exchange, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.