By Stack Exchange
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stack Exchange is a network of 100+ question and answer communities on everything from software programming to cooking, photography, and gaming. With this app you can:
• Read, ask, and answer questions on the best question and answer center in the world
• Track all your interests in one place with the new combined feed view
• Get instant notifications when you receive an answer or comment
This is the official app for all Stack Exchange sites, including Stack Overflow, Super User, Server Fault, Ask Ubuntu and Arqade.
New to Stack Exchange? Here’s how it works:
• Anybody can ask or answer a question
• The best answers are voted to the top
• You earn reputation points for every vote you receive
• Unlock privileges as you earn reputation, like the ability to comment or vote
• The community is run by you: moderators are elected, and top users have access to special tools to help moderate
What's New in Version 1.2.2
Has it been almost two months since our last release? Well, here's some new stuff you're excited about!
- Hot network questions were so hot they burned their way through the application sandbox and into your today view!
- Now that the "Edited" button isn't overloaded with post actions, we've made a revisions UI, including full side-by-side and inline diffs.
- See new comments as they come in *without* refreshing your question.
- The achievement and inbox items highlight instantly when you have unread content. We like you so much we'll even show unread counts in the app if you aren't getting notifications.
- Rotating between landscape and portrait mode now defaults to looking nicer, as all things should.
- As we were doing our winter cleaning we lifted a coffee grinder that hadn't been cleaned in months and to our horror bugs ran away from underneath it. They've been cleared now. That is to say: Lots and lots of bug fixes.
Great app - awesome community
Another reviewer complaining about only seeing "hot questions" should look around a little more before writing a review. There are many more views than "Hot Questions...". There's a menu button that you can tap on Stackoverflow where you can see different lists of questions - latest questions, search, browse tags, your own favorites, etc - so many options for viewing content. So much the opposite of what that reviewer wrote (1 of only 2 reviews on this version at time of me posting this.)
I can do pretty much anything I need to do with my questions and searches from the app. The only reason I log on the site now is that I'm usually working on my desktop when I need it and to copy and paste to and from it.
But I love that I get notifications from activity on my my questions so fast on the app. I definitely recommend letting this one use notifications - I'm pretty hesitate on that setting but it's worth it on this app.
Thanks to Stackoverflow for your site and your app!
HOT GIRLS QUESTIONS IN YOUR AREA NETORK
So the iPhone app seems mostly concerned with making sure you're aware of "Hot network questions". Much like "Hot girls in your area" I am in fact not interested. General navigation is terrible as well, a mix or chronology "earlier today" and random other factors. Not the fault of the iOS programmers, rather many poor product decisions. 2 stars only because stack overflow is basically good.
I want to customize my feed
The app is good but needs more customization features. I want my feed filter by stack exchange community and tags.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jan 29, 2015
- Version: 1.2.2
- Size: 23.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Stack Exchange, Inc
- © 2014 Stack Exchange, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.