If you work at a desk (like me), or are in school and spend lots of time doing homework (also like me), standing up is an easy way to become just a little bit healthier each day. Getting up and walking around for even just one minute (100 steps) during an hour counts as a "stand hour."
Stand Hours reads your step data from the Health app, which means it works with any fitness tracker that supports Apple Health (including the iPhone's built-in pedometer).
Stand Hours also gives you hourly push notifications reminders to get up and move around. The days and times that you receive these notifications are completely customizable.
In addition to reading steps from Apple Health, Stand Hours can (optionally) export your stand hours to Apple Health. Yes, Apple Health has a metric called "Stand Hours," but that can only be used by the Apple Watch. Instead, this app can store your stand hours as ANY activity metric in Apple Health - such as an empty one that you don't use. It's a great way to see this data in the Health app, even if you don't have an Apple Watch!
Behold! I give to you: The Notifications Update!
- Notification times are now completely customizable! Select which days of the week and the range of hours during which you would like to receive notifications. No more 8am Sunday notifications!
- The Settings screen now includes a "Mute Notifications Until Tomorrow" button that does, well, exactly what it sounds like.
- You can ALSO "mute until tomorrow" directly from a notification on the lock screen without even opening the app! Just 3D Touch on a notification (or swipe right and press "View") to see the button.
- The app icon now displays a badge showing your stand hours for the day.
- Totally revamped the Settings screen.
- The Today screen now shows whether or not you've stood during the current hour.
- Greatly simplified the tutorial experience (it's only one screen now).
- Other minor tweaks and fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Great replacement for Apple Watch feature.
Sitting is supposedly the smoking of our generation. This app is simple to use and helpful as a reminder to stand more often. Perfect for helping meet my New Year’s resolution of being more healthy.
Easy to use, motivating
Great app. It’s a free way to use an Apple watch feature on your iPhone. Super useful if you’re feeling lazy but want to start taking care of your body
Wow, eye opening!
Love this. Super easy to use and very informative. Works instantly with the information already in your phones “health” data.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.