Stand Up! The Work Break Timer
By Raised Square, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stand Up! is a fun, flexible work break timer. By now you know that sitting down is slowly killing you, and we want to help you live longer. It's also great for RSI sufferers, or anyone that needs to take regular breaks.
• Free and fully functional! It comes with one alarm, and one In-App Purchase unlocks the rest.
• Completely customizable to your work schedule. Set it and forget it.
• Set your reminder interval to any five-minute increment between five minutes and two hours.
• The header shows you at a glance how you're doing, and how long to your next alarm.
• Limit alarms to your office location so it doesn't bug you when you go out to lunch.
• New iOS8 feature: interactive notifications, acknowledge the alarm from the lock screen.
• Many custom alarms, some quite insistent.
• Alternate color schemes in case you really hate that yellow.
We don't micromanage you, and we don't make you feel guilty. There's no compulsive tracking and time management, and we don't tell you what exercises you need to do. Just regular, simple reminders to get up, with easy confirmations so you can get a sense of how you're doing.
What's New in Version 1.3
Thanks for using Stand Up! Releasing updates wipes out our rating, so if you still like Stand Up! we'd appreciate you taking a moment to rate it again.
Here's what's new:
- Night shift support! Used to be Stand Up! couldn't understand why anybody would work past midnight. Which is weird, because we're programmers. And parents. Not recommended if you're on stakeout, though.
- Everybody used to think the speaker icon referred to the alarms, when it really referred to the UI sounds. Now it refers to both because it opens a much-clearer settings page.
- Alarm volumes. Previously, if your volume was all the way up, some of our alarms could only be described as "piercing." We now have "high", "medium", and "low" versions of all alarms. Use the new sound settings page to change the volume.
- iOS 9 support. If you tried the beta, you know iOS 9 put Stand Up! into a coma. We woke it up.
- Pricing options. Stand Up! is still free and fully functional, with just the one IAP to unlock additional sounds. And the price is still the same. But some folks asked us if there were ways they could choose to pay more, and now there is.
What a great app!
This app really does what it says it will do and gets me to stand up! I love that it has a visual record of how I'm doing for the day. It would be nice to have a history of that built in so I could compare days and see progress over time.
I set mine for every 20 minutes, to remind me too look up from the screen for the sake of my eyes (and stand up to stretch while I'm at it). So I have also noticed that this app makes me much more aware of how fast time is flying by! And not to waste any time doing things I don't want to be doing!
This is such a great help that I hope future versions enable me to remind myself of multiple things at once.
Thanks for a great app!
I'm not like a health freak PER SE, like I put way too much cream in my coffee and enjoy Greek yogurt more than the next person... but I do care a lot about my lifespan and general health like SO MUCH and this app is just so awesome for that. Not only are the reminders on point but they add in a little "we want you to live longer!" Which I mean if that doesn't get you out of your chair, what will?! I work for a tech startup too and so I really try and only write reviews for apps that I think are super duper great and this is by far one of my favs. Recommended it to all my coworkers and friends. Thanks for extending my life guys!!
I love the simplicity of this app. I use it to remind myself to move every 20 minutes AND to look away from my computer screen to prevent eye strain. Love how you can customize the message. I sometimes miss the notification during a break away from my phone so I wish I could say I was moving at that time so tracking was more accurate. Also wish I could pause it for an hour if I'm unable to stand like for commuting or traveling. But still adore the app without that.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Sep 17, 2015
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 23.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Raised Square, LLC
- © 2015 Raised Square, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Gracious Tip$0.99
- Complete Sound Pack$0.99
- Generous Tip$1.99
- Ginormous Tip$4.99