Star Chart Infinite
By ESCAPE VELOCITY LIMITED
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Buy Star Chart Infinite and get all the in-app upgrades of Star Chart included for free!
Star Chart Infinite is the ultimate version of the top Educational & Augmented Reality app - download and find out why more than 18 Million people use Star Chart world-wide!
You can now have a virtual star chart in your pocket! Look through the eyes of your iPhone or iPad* to see a high-tech window into the whole visible universe.
All you have to do is point your AR enabled device* at the sky and Star Chart ∞ will tell you exactly what you are looking at.
Using state of the art GPS technology, an accurate 3D simulation of the visible universe, and a great deal of technical wizardry, Star Chart ∞ calculates – in real time - the current location of every star, planet and moon visible from Earth and shows you precisely where they are; even in broad daylight!
Want to know what that bright star is called? Point your device* at it – you might just find out it’s a planet!
Want to know what the night sky looks like to people on the other side of the earth? Well just point your device down!
Want to know where your star sign is in the sky? Star Chart ∞ will tell you all this and more.
Star Chart Infinite's extensive feature set includes:
- Just point and view. When you hold your device up to the sky, Star Chart ∞ will automatically start tracking your movements to match the sky *.
- Alternatively, look around the sky using finger gestures – perfect for armchair astronomers!
- Accurately depicts all the stars of the northern and southern hemispheres down to magnitude +16 - a total of approximately 2 million stars!
- Fly to and explore all the planets of the solar system, their moons and the sun all rendered in beautiful 3D with state of the art visual effects.
- Using the powerful Time Shift feature, simply tap the time button and smoothly shift up to 10,000 years forward or backward in time.
- Displays all 88 high resolution constellations, with imagery based on the beautiful artwork by 17th century astronomer Johannes Hevelius.
- Includes the complete Messier catalogue of 110 exotic deep sky objects.
- Contains the location and dates of all the major meteor showers throughout the year. When you're gazing up at the sky during a meteor shower, Star Chart ∞ will ensure you are looking for them in the right place!
- Track comets as they pass in the night sky, trailing magnificent tails and potentially creating new meteor showers. Includes many famous comets such as ISON and Halley.
- Satellites pass overhead all the time. Track and explore the ISS, Hubble & many more of the brightest satellites.
- Tap on anything in the sky and get the facts on what you are looking at, including distance and brightness.
- Very powerful zoom function, lets you view the sky in extra detail, using intuitive finger gestures.
- Fully configurable. Star Chart displays only the sky objects that you are interested in.
- Allows you to view the sky underneath the horizon. So now you can see where the sun is, even at night!
- Manually set your location to find out what the sky looks like from anywhere in the world.
- Supports dynamic device orientation viewing. Allows you to view the night sky whilst holding your iPhone/iPad* at any angle.
So point your iPhone/iPad* at the sky and see what's out there!
* Augmented Reality mode is available on devices that include a built-in compass. Manual scrolling is supported on all other devices.
Star Chart Infinite is published by Escape Velocity Ltd and developed by Escapist Games Ltd. We update Star Chart regularly, so please send us your feedback and feature requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
And thanks for all your feedback so far!
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/starchart
Follow Star Chart on Twitter: StarChartApp
What's New in Version 1.29
A few bug fixes:
- Fixed occasional crash when selecting constellations, either from search or by directly tapping on them.
- Star Chart now understands that Pluto has 5 moons, not 4.
- When running in an English variant other than US English, planet/moon order text was not displaying correctly.
The app overall is good for what it is I only wish that you didn't have to pay for all the extra things I would like to have VR mode but it is on an entire different apps that cost five dollars also I wish there were more ways to be able to get notifications when there are comet shooting stars things. Also I wish there were more things you could do inside the app and be able to get closer to planets and stars at least earth but overall very good at and I look forward to seeing it grow.
Would Be A Really Great App If...
I did not have to keep resetting it after viewing information on a star, constellation, etc. The App seems to get "stuck" after doing this and I am unable to access Settings or Notifications. I have to come out of the App and then swipe it out of the background in order to "reset" it. Very frustrating. One should just be able to move around easily within the App. Please look into this and then fix. Thanks very much.
The app is outstanding! Star Chart Infinite is easy to use and provides information on hundreds (if not thousands) of night sky objects. However there is a nagging glitch: the app never displays the night sky correctly, for example, let's say I am viewing the moon in the sky but on the app it shows the moon a few degrees in the wrong direction thus making it difficult to identify stars correctly.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 17, 2015
- Version: 1.29
- Size: 140 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: ESCAPE VELOCITY LIMITED
- © 2009 Escape Velocity Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.