The Universe is a Dangerous Place
In the 22nd century, we left a dying earth so that a fortunate few could settle the new home we call Novus.
In time, we would learn that life on a frontier colony is neither prosperous nor peaceful. Our first encounter with the nautilid started with hostilities and confusion, and ended with sacrifice. Fourteen years later, our leaders remain politically entangled and unable to see the threats that linger, both afar and within our own walls…
Star Hammer: The Vanguard Prophecy is a game of 3D tactical space battles. Play your part in the Second Contact War in a campaign with a branching story and over 60 missions, or create your own scenarios in skirmish mode battles.
Give your orders, and watch the results in explosive pausable real-time. Tailor your arsenal of crew abilities and assault class ships as your fleet grows with your command. Exploit the enemy’s weaknesses with superior positioning and flanking manoeuvres to inflict devastating damage.
Six classes of assaults ships are yours to command. Make precision strikes with the swift Swordfish Raiders, or lead from the bridge of a hulking Kraken Dreadnought. Change your tactics as you order reinforcements with stun guns, guided missiles, unmanned fighter drones and single-focus DEW beams.
The nautilid threat is as varied as it is innumerable, however, and they will not surrender. Use your wits to overcome the threat of disruption fields, bio-missiles and proximity mines. And not all opposition to your command comes from outside. Raise the shields of your capital ships and engage in devastating broadside combat with the renegade military conspiracists who call themselves the Remnant.
Will you obey the chain of command and strengthen Novus’ defenses, or take your opponents head-on by yourself?
Fight for Novus and decide the outcome of the Second Contact War with a branching story that boasts over 60 missions.
WeGo tactical combat in 3D space, with gameplay that rewards strategic positioning and fleet coordination. Give your commands, then watch the results in pausable realtime.
Take command of a range of heavily armed assault ships, including Raiders, Corvettes, Frigates, Destroyers, Battlecruisers and Dreadnoughts - each with with their own weapons fitouts and unique functions.
Balance the energy core of each ship to focus on impenetrable defences, breakneck piloting or devastating assaults.
Manage your crew’s personalities and morale to tailor your flagship’s advantage in battle. Every crew member you enlist has their own personality traits, abilities and stories.
Measure your actions against the War Scale. Will your command be a legacy of calculated tactical bombardments, or aggressive and reckless assaults?
Take part in an ongoing war with no turning back. Choose who will be saved, order reinforcements to replace destroyed veteran ships, and shape the future of mankind’s second home.
Fixed issue with icon placement on mission 9
Ratings and Reviews
Unfairly harsh reviews
I delayed buying this game for months based in the reviews- finally it went on sale and I had some store credit, so I decided to give it a chance. After all, Slitherine hasn't failed me yet and I have several of their games.
I'm glad I did- I find the game to be highly enjoyable. The controls make sense as long as you pay attention when they're explaining them, and the combat itself is varied enough to keep me coming back as new ships are added. True- the storyline isn't all videos and special effects- buts it's engaging enough and they save there'll effort for the game.
If you're on the fence like I was- give it a try and if you like it fight back against the negative reviews!
What is going on here?
Did Slitherine throw their hands up and phone this in? This game doesn't make any sense. Everything is always out of range even when directly in front of your ship. Weapons are badly underpowered and slow. This isn't fun, exciting or challenging. It's just clunky, messy and frustrating.
But it looks nice.
Strategic Space Ship Combat
Space ships blowing stuff up
Strategic game play
Campaign is interesting
Way better than Sid Meier's Starships (I know you were wondering)
Combat isn't just on one plane (like Sid Meier's Starships)
A bit confusing at first, small learning curve
$15 seems a bit high for a mobile game (Maybe $10)
Manipulating ships is finicky sometimes (not a deal breaker though)
No Spaceship customization (?)
No Multiplayer (?)
- Slitherine Software UK Ltd.
- 276.2 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- ©2015 Slitherine Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Slitherine Ltd., and their Logos are all trademarks of Slitherine Ltd. Developed by Black Lab Games & Slitherine Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.