Take command of humanity’s last survivors and rebuild an empire among the stars. In this immersive turn-based strategy game, you must lead the refugees of the great Exodus to a new home in hostile space and build a new galaxy-spanning civilization. To survive in the dark reaches of space, you will have to fight to protect your people, control rival factions, and unlock lost technology.
This challenging civilization-building game expands upon the universe of the original Star Traders RPG. As the leader of a splinter group who have fallen behind the main fleet, you have no choice but to settle nearby habitable worlds, stake your claim and try to prosper.
Your forces will face hostile aliens at every turn and your fleets will do battle in a challenging tactical conflicts across the solar systems. As the waves of stellar conflict wash across your empire, you’ll face invasions, devastating planetary bombardments and need to exact the same on alien infestations to expand your empire.
Within your own imperium, you must manage your economy, political realm, and technological research. The squabbling factions vie for power, unable to lay old rivalries to rest. Only your deft political maneuvering can build treaties and harmony over discord and war. From the helm, you must also construct a mighty economy, one capable of surviving the devastation of war and the attacks of political adversaries. A sprawling technology tree lies before you and your choice of technologies will determine the strategy of your galactic civilization. To survive, you’ll need to overcome some of these challenges, to succeed you must master them all.
Take control through the strategic use of spies, economics, politics, technology and advanced weaponry in the most engaging, expansive and intense turn-based sci-fi title. Rebuild the human civilization from the ashes of interstellar war to become the galaxy’s ultimate leader in Star Trader 4X Empires.
* Grow a ragtag band of survivors into a new galactic empire.
* Protect your colonies of galactic refugees from alien attack.
* Employ devious political and economic machinations to expand your domain.
* Use spies and espionage to get the upperhand on your enemies.
* Research and build incredible new ships, weapons and technologies.
* Trade with a vast universe full of rich, dynamic characters.
* Explore the galaxy and uncover its many secrets.
* Multiple difficulty levels and customizable map sizes.
* Risk everything to rescue refugees and keep them safe.
The Star Traders 4X Elite experience allows you to:
* Play on more than twice the maps, including large and huge Quadrants
* Play the Great Houses & Clans - Thulun, Javat, and Steel Song
* Unlock the Elite tech tree and gain access to hundreds of new upgrades
* Battle against twice the alien enemies and AI types
* Research 180 Technologies, 100 Weapon Types and 9 unique Hull Variants
Get ready for the fight of your life in Star Traders 4X Empires.
Star Traders 4X Empires is on Facebook:
Join the Community Forum:
Try our Other Top RPGs
Star Traders RPG
Heroes of Steel RPG
- New Map for Free "The Rim: 100x50 Map (50 Worlds)"
- Added New "Superscale Manufacturing 3" Tech
- Added New "Factory 8" Upgrade
- Improved Turn Recent Events List
- Improved UI of Tech Tree, summary display
- Fixes for "Degla: 100x100 Map (150 Worlds)"
- Fixes for "Degla: 80x80 Map (90 Worlds)"
- Tech Tree Updates and RP Cost Balancing
- Improved Xeno Colonization Planner AI
- Minor Performance Improvements / Fixes
- Fixed crashes in Research Project List and Technology List
Ratings and Reviews
Great game, lots of depth!
I don't often write good reviews - either a game is good and it gets lots of good comments or it doesn't. But I am making an exception in this case. This is a good game - tons of technology developments to research, extensive development potential of your planets, all kinds of ship design possibilities, etc. Also, the player's "race" is broken into three factions (which you can choose in the full version) - all of which have their own special bonuses. But the political infighting among your factions brings a whole new level to the "develop and conquer" genre. Don't take my word for it - try the free version and then purchase the full version after you have experienced it!
My only real complaint is that the game can "drag" at the end. It would be nice if the developers would add a "mercy" ending whereby you have the option of accepting victory when you control a certain percentage of the galaxy and perhaps also have a certain advantage in number/technology level of existing ships. It would also be nice if there were a random map generator, but there are enough pre-set maps to keep a person entertained for years.
I look forward to future updates of this game!
Great game!! Plays like MOO, but better!!!!
Star Traders 4X Empires
This is, by far, in my favorite 3 4X titles on mobile; Star Traders, Starbase Orion & Autumn Dynasty Warlords. The consistant updates have made this game something really special, and one that I fully recommend to all 4X fans out there... GET IT!!!
I wound up picking this up because of Templar Battleforce and Heroes Of Steel. Both are fantastic games and have received phenomenal post-release support. Anyway, there arn't too many 4X titles on the AppStore that I'd fully recommend to someone who's looking for an incredibly deep and strategic experience, but Star Traders 4X Empires has definitely earned itself a spot on that very short list (joining Ascendancy, Starbase Orion and Autumn Dynasty Warlords). If you're a fan of the genre, I'd whole heartedly recommend this one. If you're new to the genre, or looking for something that will help get you into the genre, I'd lean more towards Warlords or Ascendancy. As deep and fantastical as Star Traders 4X is, I think I would have put the game away and maybe never played it again if I had yet to play a 4X game previously. While the tutorials in-game are decent, you'll probably want to read a manual or guide online before diving in (even if you are a seasoned strategy gamer). Though, that just makes it all the sweeter once it all clicks. =oD
- Trese Brothers LLC
- 75.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Trese Brothers LLC 2014
- In-App Purchases
- Faction Expansion: Great Clans $1.99
- Hyperion Ship Skin Pack $0.99
- Alta Mesa Ship Skin Pack $0.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.