Star Traders RPG Elite
By Trese Brothers
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Command your officers and crew from the bridge of your star ship to travel, trade, and battle across the immense Star Traders Quadrant. Employ a wide variety of strategies as an Assassin, Bounty Hunter, Trader, Pirate or Smuggler. Can you manage your resources, crew and officers well enough to turn a profit in the complex economy that’s sprawling across the on-going interstellar conflict?
This epic space pirate RPG offers a deep and challenging world and economy to Star Trading captains. You must navigate the waters of Quadrant politics and chose sides among the constantly conflicting Factions, or take the risk to stay independent. Enjoy endless replay value in this deep space civ and trading simulation which allows you to take any path you want as a captain. Act as a pirate against the merchants using the great shipping lanes, join the Solar War as a military captain, or hunt targets across the Quadrant as a fearsome bounty hunter!
Star Traders is a turn-based strategy role playing game (RPG) inspired by games such as Trade Wars, Space Trader, Master of Orion, Pirates! and many other classic computer RPGs. If you enjoy retro games, adventure and tactics games, Action RPG or Sci-fi RPG with complex depth (such as Master of Orion or Mass Effect) you may enjoy Star Traders space trading simulation.
Star Traders Elite includes more than 200 new planets, more than 2,000 new sectors in the massive galaxy, over 400 new ships, twice as many rumors and officers, and more unique art!
Advanced ships, ship upgrades and special abilities are unlocked with skillful play. A list of feats and awards can be seen in the 'Unlocks' menu. For players seeking a shortcut, a permanent $4.99 IAP immediately grants all feats and awards to all characters.
Our development team is actively continuing development and updates based on your feedback and is regularly updated with new content, features, and fixes. Please email us with suggestions or bugs!
As a Star Trading captain you will:
- Explore more than 300 planets
- Trade in and manipulate the complex and deep economy in this economic simulator
- Buy, sell, and battle over 500 unique starcraft
- Fully customize your captain (picking from 6 classes), officers and space ships
Your command of the ship is under constant threat, both internal and external. Can you manage your resources, crew, officers well to enough to turn a profit on your contracts and trades? Those that do will be among the Faction's elite Star Heroes -- and those that fail will be branded bandits and Crimelords.
Star Traders is on Facebook:
Game Development Blog:
Join the Community Forum:
What's New in Version 5.2.1
- Fixed "Starport Expansion" and "Starport Upgrade" Rumors
- Improved New Upgrade Availability in Elite
- New Star Trader Bonus: More Repairs on Indy Worlds
- New Star Trader Bonus: More Upgrades on Indy Works
- Fixed Invisible Alien Ship Bug
- Improved Upgrade: Water-Fuel Gravity Scoop
- Improved Upgrade: Titan Gun Batteries
- Improved Upgrade: Prow Superstructure
- Improved Upgrade: Hyperion Gun Decks
- Improved Upgrade: Hyperion Exo-Suit
- Improved Upgrade: Null Field Generator
- Improved Upgrade: Predator Torp Array
- Improved Upgrade: Combat Hull Architecture
- Improved Upgrade: Medical Bay
- Improved Upgrade: Crew Xeno Suits
- Improved Doctor Resource Artwork
- Fixed Unlocks for Cumulative Rank
- New 'Xebolits Alien' Enemy AI
- New Ship Artwork: Pagurus Liner Type
- New Designs: Valiant Interceptor, Locks Class
- New Ship Artwork: Pagurus Naval Type
- New Designs: Trac Merchant, Heuer Lifter
- Updated Starting Ship Details, Added Speed/Agility
- Updated Awards: Aspiring Trader, Emerging Trader
- Updated Awards: Affluent Trader, Wealthy Trader, Rich Trader
- Help File Updates for Unlocks / Awards
- New Smarter Alien/Hive/Narv AI (Hard+)
- Updated Spice Hall Rumors (New Hints!)
- Balancing and Incorporate AI Feedback
One of the best available
This has long been one of my favorite apps, and the latest update only made it better. In a nutshell, this is a game that really leaves all the options open to the player - merchant, mercenary, pirate, or soldier, it's all up to you. Customize the loadout of your ship, choose your contracts and destinations, and handle combat as you see fit. The game's trade and combat systems are simple enough to be comprehensible, complex enough to be fun. No "premium" cash or idiotic energy meters to worry about. There are purchasable add-ons, but they're entirely optional (but all well worth the IAP). Definitely among the top three games I have ever played on the iPad.
Great Value Sandbox Space Game
What a fun game! It is solid enough with the default settings (and Normal difficulty) to tool around the galaxy and experience life as a Star Trader. On a deeper level, you can start off the game more specialized in your training/experience to put you in the right direction to become a pirate, merchant, military officer, explorer, even a bounty hunter. The game then becomes deep with politics, shortages, alien life, ship-building, crew management, and more. For the price, great value and a fun pick-up-and-play game.
Great, but Flawed
At its core, the game is solid. Interface could be designed better for readability.
I loved the challenge it provided, but the "Design Ship" option ruined it for me. It is a great addition if you were forced to pay the cost of the new ship. Instead, you are granted the ship for free (not sure of it's by design), thus taking away all the motivation for making money for new ships.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Feb 12, 2015
- Version: 5.2.1
- Size: 27.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Trese Brothers LLC
- © 2013 Trese Brothers LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ship Designer$0.99
- Unlock All$4.99