The Official Star Trek™ PADD (Personal Access Display Device) immerses fans in a rich interactive database of Star Trek™ information and images with an authentic reproduction of the LCARS style interface introduced in the Star Trek: The Next Generation™ series.
The PADD provides access to the official Star Trek™ database from StarTrek.com of aliens, ships, places, technologies, and episodes. The app includes a true reproduction of LCARS, the computer interface commonly used in Starfleet and the United Federation of Planets during the 24th century, and includes familiar computer sound effects and voice.
Features of the Star Trek™ PADD app include:
-Browse or search through the official database of Star Trek™ television series information, including aliens, ships, places, technologies, and episodes
-Rich, immersive LCARS graphical interface, introduced in Star Trek: The Next Generation™ television series
-Authentic computer sound effects and voice
-Jump to related information through cross-links to other content
-Read the latest news from the Star Trek™ Facebook page and Star Trek™ Twitter feed
-Enjoy two self-running diagnostic modes with an overview schematic of the U.S.S. Enterprise™ NCC-1701-D
-Voice recognition for searching (Only available on applicable devices)
-Live updates of databank content -- new entries and updated entries appear automatically
Some users have asked why sounds won't always play. This is because the app pays attention to your "mute" switch and the volume on your device. Also, if you have configured the "mute" switch to lock the rotation of your screen, you may "mute" the device in the following manner: Double-press the home button and swipe to the right until you see the visual "mute" button on the screen.
This is the official Star Trek™ app produced for CBS by ArcTouch.
- Subspace communication with Starbase Facebook has been reestablished
- Access to internal databanks has been increased by 16 gigaquads
- Now fully warp 9 compatible, including on starships with plasma-linked nacelles
- Betazoid-enhanced search capability finds articles just by thinking about what you want (then typing a few letters)
- Numerous enhancements to support Starfleet’s latest P.A.D.D. and Communicators
Ratings and Reviews
I love this app. I also LOVED the communicator app. But it no longer works for iOS 11. Please update that app. I payed for everything on it. I would’ve commented about it under that app but it won’t even let me write a review on iOS 11
Ok but need upgrade
The information on it is good if you are a fan. And it’s fun for a minute but since the new iPhone 8 iOS 11.2 up grade it does not work and needs to be fixed to keep using or I will have to delete it. Because the phone keeps reminding me of that everyday.
A few things missing
Whatever medical profiles such as scans that were shown, would be a neat addition.
I noticed it doesnt have any of the characters height listed..
- CBS Mobile
- 77.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Unrestricted Web Access
- TM & © 2014 CBS Studios Inc. STAR TREK and all related marks are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved. © 2014 ArcTouch Inc. PADD Software.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.