Introducing the all-new Star Tribune app for iPad and iPhone. So much more than before, it’s been rebuilt from the ground up to bring you a whole new and improved experience. Download it today and get more of what matters to Minnesota from the state’s largest and most trusted newsroom. All day, every day.
• Explore more: From in-depth investigative reports, to the latest local, regional, state, national and global news, our awarding-winning 200+ journalists cover it all.
• Find more: Search for your favorite columnists, stories, or browse through sections.
• Discuss more: Easily share, text or email a story.
• Engage more: Have an opinion? Leave a comment and be a part of the conversation.
• Know more: Get breaking news alerts and be the first to learn when news happens.
The Star Tribune app is free to download, and all users enjoy a sampling of articles. Star Tribune Subscribers get full access to the app, plus unlimited access to StarTribune.com, with a qualifying subscription.
SUBSCRIPTION SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY OFFER:
Get your first month FREE!
• Download the app for free and enjoy a limited number of complimentary articles each month. Get Star Tribune Premium Digital Access for only $14.99/month (first month FREE).
• Your subscription to Star Tribune Premium Digital Access includes unlimited content on StarTribune.com and complete access to the Star Tribune app on smartphones and tablets.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account with the confirmation of your purchase after first month trial.
• Your subscription will auto-renew for $14.99 each month unless you cancel 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period. The auto-renewal can be turned off at any time in the Account Settings section of the App Store. Please note, you will be unable to cancel your current subscription during an active subscription period.
We are always looking to improve our applications. Please send your thoughts and suggestions to email@example.com or call 612-673-7040.
We’ve rebuilt the app from the ground up to bring you even more of what matters. Easily explore more stories, find more content, discuss more, engage more, and be the first to know more with breaking news alerts.
New in 2.0.8:
• Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Still bad after all these years
The old app was awful. The new app is awful too, just in different ways. There are two major problems. One is that it is way too sensitive to touch. When you are scrolling through the screen it takes you to articles that you happened to lightly press on when scrolling. You have to keep your touches to the narrow margins on the sides if you don’t want the app to open up articles. That is not practical.
The second problem, and the bigger one, is related to the first. If you happen to touch a photo when scrolling, it opens the photo up and then you can’t close it. The only way to get out is to force quit the app and start all over again. These are problems that any minimum amount of testing should have caught.
Another issue just came to mind. Having no photos in the obituary section is a huge step back. I look first at the photos, not the names. I don’t even bother looking at that section now.
I can’t even tell you how much I wish this app worked. I read the NYT every day online because I mostly can’t access this one. Although I have a paid, current membership it tells me about every other day that it has expired and I no longer have access to content. This is resolved by removing the whole app, downloading it again and logging in. When I click on pictures I get stuck and I have to close the whole app. Many times the screen just freezes on content and I have to close, reopen and try again. I really enjoy my local paper but find I’m not reading it anymore due tech issues. I hope StarTrib can get things resolved.
Hi kmrobertz, thank you for the review. We're sorry to hear about the frustrating experience you've had with the app thus far. Can you email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org? We’d love to help you out further and learn more about the issues you're experiencing.
Lose the comments
It’s my local and first source of news. Lose the comments. It distracts from the actual news. If the trolls or people who want to sprinkle fairy dust on a story need to say something, let them write to the opinion section. It distracts from the story, leaving a reader feeling righteous or vindictive and there is no dialogue.
- Star Tribune Media Company
- 19.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2018 StarTribune. All rights reserved
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Digital Access $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.