Star Walk - Find Stars And Planets in Sky Above
By Vito Technology Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Star Walk is the most beautiful stargazing app you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. It will become your go-to interactive astro guide to the night sky, following your every movement in real-time and allowing you to explore over 200, 000 celestial bodies with extensive information about stars and constellations that you find.
***Over 10 million users! Winner of Apple Design Award 2010***
***No In-App Purchases***
Star Walk now works with Apple Watch to alert you of upcoming astronomical events.
Get started quickly
• Launch the app and point your iPhone at the night sky, you'll see the stars, planets, satellites, and constellations in their proper place from your location. As you move your device, the star map updates in real time. The Moon is the easiest first target.
• Tap Augmented Reality icon in the upper right corner to add the image from your camera to your sky view.
• Use Night Mode to go easy on your eyes and preserve night vision when exploring the Universe.
Go deeper and beyond
• Every object you tap has an (i) next to its name, tap it to access information.
• A scale on right is the Time Machine, slide it to explore the map of the night sky of tomorrow or years ago.
• A calendar of celestial events will make sure you never miss anything interesting.
• TelRad will help you find the exact position of an object when stargazing with a telescope.
Share your experience
• Project to a big screen with no picture quality loss. Star Walk is your personal planetarium.
• Explore stunning space pictures in Picture of the Day.
• There is an entire stargazing twitter community within Star Walk - don't miss out!
Duran Duran's keyboard Nick Rhodes mentions Star Walk as his favorite app:
"With the Star Walk app, if you hold your iPod up towards the sky, you can see all the stars and constellations. It even tells you the names of all the planets. Then, if you point it towards the ground, it shows you what all the stars are in the other hemisphere. It’s brilliant, and if you’re ever somewhere with a clear sky and no light pollution, it’s a revelation. It’s beautifully designed and makes clever use of the available technology. I’m fascinated by astronomy, but even if you’re not, give this a go."
What's New in Version 7.2.3
Minor bug fixes
5yrs later and I still love this app
My favorite part is if you get to far out with no service (always the best stars) IT STILL WORKS! We camp for 2wks every summer up in the Big Horn Mountains in Wyoming and there is no hope of service until off of them, but this app is a camping party favorite EVERY year not to mention It is all I ever wanted growing up! As a teen I saved my mowing money for a cordless phone (pre-cellphone era) and would lay in our pasture for hours and hours all summer long with my glow in the dark constellation coffee table book and Gf on the phone, now I can just hold up my phone and know my stellar address, neighbors and man made junk, I will never look at the stars the same 10/10
Love this app.
I wish I could afford a big fancy telescope to truly show me the detail of our night sky.. until then this app is helping me learn placement in time of the night sky around me and for that, I am thankful. I can look at a constellation, pick a star and learn all about it. I can also see satellites. I think this app is a wonderful learning tool for anyone interested in our galaxy and learning what's around you. Even if you have a telescope I think it would be a great asset to locate and identify what you are looking at. It is very informational.
Since Starwalk knows the observer position, it gives altitude and azimuth of an object which is nice when used with my computerized telescope. I like the red colored feature which is great at night.
I wished the horizon was more delineated and the zenith as well.
I also wished it had a way to adjust the intensity of the stars to match their magnitude when outside ambient lights make fainter stars less visible.
Overall it's a great app, especially when used with my telescope.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Mar 21, 2017
- Version: 7.2.3
- Size: 150 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Vito Technology Inc.
- © 2008-2012 Vito Technology Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.