Star Walk ™ HD - The Astronomy Guide to View Stars, Planets & Night Sky Map
By Vito Technology Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Star Walk is the most beautiful stargazing app you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. It will become your go-to interactive astro guide to the night sky, following your every movement in real-time and allowing you to explore over 200, 000 celestial bodies with extensive information about stars and constellations that you find.
***Over 8 million users! Winner of Apple Design Award 2010***
***No In-App Purchases***
Get started quickly
• Launch the app and point your iPhone at the night sky, you'll see the stars, planets, satellites, and constellations in their proper place from your location. As you move your device, the star map updates in real time. The Moon is the easiest first target.
• Tap Augmented Reality icon in the upper right corner to add the image from your camera to your sky view.
• Use Night Mode to go easy on your eyes and preserve night vision when exploring the Universe.
Go deeper and beyond
• Every object you tap has an (i) next to its name, tap it to access information.
• A scale on right is the Time Machine, slide it to explore the map of the night sky of tomorrow or years ago.
• A calendar of celestial events will make sure you never miss anything interesting.
• TelRad will help you find the exact position of an object when stargazing with a telescope.
Share your experience
• Project to a big screen with no picture quality loss. Star Walk is your personal planetarium.
• Explore stunning space pictures in Picture of the Day.
• There is an entire stargazing twitter community within Star Walk - don't miss out!
Duran Duran's keyboard Nick Rhodes mentions Star Walk as his favorite app:
"With the Star Walk app, if you hold your iPod up towards the sky, you can see all the stars and constellations. It even tells you the names of all the planets. Then, if you point it towards the ground, it shows you what all the stars are in the other hemisphere. It’s brilliant, and if you’re ever somewhere with a clear sky and no light pollution, it’s a revelation. It’s beautifully designed and makes clever use of the available technology. I’m fascinated by astronomy, but even if you’re not, give this a go."
What's New in Version 7.2.0
This new update brings you Calendar of astronomy events for 2016, with automatic alerts for global events, ISS passes and iridium flares.
Star Walk now supports native resolution of iPad Pro. We have also fixed iPhone 6s/6s+ object selection bug and few other bugs connected with stable work of the app.
We know we can be sometimes slow with our updates although your supportive reviews and letters give us motivation to move forwards. Please feel free to share the love on the App Store/Facebook/Twitter. We promise we read every note and will do our best to be responsive.
Team Star Walk
I have had this app. For about four years and although I have tried others I continue to go back to this one. They let you know when something visually coming up to see, like meteor showers are able to view and the graphics are awesome. For anyone interested in looking up, I say get this one, you won't be sorry.
Terrific my Favorite Astrometry App
I've used this app for the last 6 years! It is the one I choose over my 3 options nearly anytime I view the heavens. The music entrances me soothing life stressors out of mind. I've not experienced any trouble using this app, ever. Worth paying for this extraordinary app from an outstanding developer.
Star Walk 1
Star walk 1 is an incredibly well thought out piece of software designed to educate and provide information needed information for observing the sky.
Unfortunately the same level of thought was not given to Star Walk 2. It appears its objective was different
- Category: Education
- Updated: Mar 10, 2016
- Version: 7.2.0
- Size: 81.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Vito Technology Inc.
- © 2009-2013 Vito Technology, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.