Star Walk™ HD: View Stars, Planets & Night Sky Map
By Vito Technology Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Star Walk is the most beautiful stargazing app you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. It will become your go-to interactive astro guide to the night sky, following your every movement in real-time and allowing you to explore over 200, 000 celestial bodies with extensive information about stars and constellations that you find.
***Over 8 million users! Winner of Apple Design Award 2010***
***No In-App Purchases***
Get started quickly
• Launch the app and point your iPhone at the night sky, you'll see the stars, planets, satellites, and constellations in their proper place from your location. As you move your device, the star map updates in real time. The Moon is the easiest first target.
• Tap Augmented Reality icon in the upper right corner to add the image from your camera to your sky view.
• Use Night Mode to go easy on your eyes and preserve night vision when exploring the Universe.
Go deeper and beyond
• Every object you tap has an (i) next to its name, tap it to access information.
• A scale on right is the Time Machine, slide it to explore the map of the night sky of tomorrow or years ago.
• A calendar of celestial events will make sure you never miss anything interesting.
• TelRad will help you find the exact position of an object when stargazing with a telescope.
Share your experience
• Project to a big screen with no picture quality loss. Star Walk is your personal planetarium.
• Explore stunning space pictures in Picture of the Day.
• There is an entire stargazing twitter community within Star Walk - don't miss out!
Duran Duran's keyboard Nick Rhodes mentions Star Walk as his favorite app:
"With the Star Walk app, if you hold your iPod up towards the sky, you can see all the stars and constellations. It even tells you the names of all the planets. Then, if you point it towards the ground, it shows you what all the stars are in the other hemisphere. It’s brilliant, and if you’re ever somewhere with a clear sky and no light pollution, it’s a revelation. It’s beautifully designed and makes clever use of the available technology. I’m fascinated by astronomy, but even if you’re not, give this a go."
What's New in Version 7.2.1
- iOS 10 support
- Added new meteor showers
- Added short facts in Info for main objects
- New Calendar events
- Fixed orientation problem
- Fixed Gallery section for new pictures
- Fixed Notifications
I have had this app. For about four years and although I have tried others I continue to go back to this one. They let you know when something visually coming up to see, like meteor showers are able to view and the graphics are awesome. For anyone interested in looking up, I say get this one, you won't be sorry.
seeing the heavens
This app is why I bought an iPad in the first place. I love the app, how you can see the stars day or night or below the horizon and through the earth. I have a much greater sense of the location of planets and constellations in relation to the earths daily, monthly and yearly rotation. Even if there is overcast, the sky is visible.
I've had this for years, and love it. I use it to time when I leave to photograph the sunrise or sunset. I've taken it camping and the kids always love it thanks very much.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 17, 2016
- Version: 7.2.1
- Size: 150 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Vito Technology Inc.
- © 2009-2013 Vito Technology, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.