Fight for Your Side. Command The Galaxy.
The Galactic War rages on. Where does your allegiance lie? Will you side with the Rebellion or the Empire? Join the fight, build your base, recruit and train your army, strategically plan your defenses, and lead your troops to victory on war-torn worlds throughout the galaxy!
Battle with or against iconic characters like Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, and Princess Leia, and utilize or destroy units like AT-ATs, Speeder Bikes, Wookiee Warriors, and Stormtroopers. Join millions around the globe to play in this epic combat strategy game. Commander, the fate of the galaxy is in your hands!
• CHOOSE to fight for the Rebellion or the Empire
• TRAIN your troops to charge into battle
• BUILD units and vehicles with multiple upgrades
• DEFEND your base against enemy forces
• COMPLETE original story missions and gain additional rewards
• LEVEL UP your heroes, troops, vehicles, and more
• BATTLE on different worlds within the Star Wars™ universe
• TEAM UP WITH FRIENDS and allies to form the ultimate squad
Upgrade your Planetary Command building to scout and relocate your base to new worlds such as Dandoran, Yavin 4, Er’Kit and Hoth to expand your command and strengthen your squad.
For the best experience, we recommend playing this game on iPhone 5 or later, iPad 4 or later, running iOS 8.0 and above. iOS versions below 8.0 are no longer supported. Playing on an iPhone 4S may result in longer load times and slower performance.
Before you download this experience, please consider that this app contains:
• Social media links to connect with others
• In-app purchases that cost real money, push notifications to let you know when we have exciting updates like new content
• Advertising for some third parties, including the option to watch ads for rewards
• Advertising for The Walt Disney Family of Companies
We respect your wishes regarding your Privacy. You can exercise control and choice by resetting your Advertising Identifier in your device’s Privacy Settings.
The most powerful HQ level is here! Upgrade your base to Prestige level and secure your rank as the top Commander in the galaxy.
• Prestige HQ and Troops - Upgrade your base to Prestige for stronger buildings and troops. Buildings and player card become plated in gold, showcasing your rank to friends and foes.
• Prestige Builder Droid - Your speedy new companion E5-PT2 builds Prestige structures and collects all your resources at once.
• Strix Beacon - Capture creatures including Rancors and Krayt Dragons to deploy on both offense and defense. The champion location is hidden from your enemy on defense. Unlocks with Prestige level.
• New Rancor units - Brand new Rancors join the battle and become permanently unlockable with the Strix Beacon.
• Use unit samples and view current army in training menus
• Ability to discharge unwanted troops from your army
• New indicators to show which structures are ready to upgrade
Ratings and Reviews
Disney Interactive’s vibrant strategy game has you choose a side—the heroic Rebel Alliance or ruthless Galactic Empire—and build a base worthy of that faction. Both parties offer special units and powers to help you tackle each mission, and whether you send Chewbacca on a rampage or deploy a deadly strike with TIE fighters, victory requires thoughtful tactics and watchful troop management. As you garner experience and fortify your defenses, you can join squads with your friends, invade players’ bases, and embark on a stirring campaign that leads you across the unforgettable Star Wars universe.
Used to be fun.
This used to be my favorite mobile app game. Now that my base hit level 9 almost all of the building upgrades are so outrageously expensive (1 million for level 8 but 3 million for level 9; a massive leap compared to previous price increases) that I can't save up for stuff like turrets anymore because of how much I lose when I'm attacked. The only ways I can get the necessary resources are to spend way to much of the day attacking and staying logged in or to just waste real money on massive amounts of crystals.
Furthermore, the game still works pretty well on my iPhone 5S, but each upgrade whether it lists "bug fixes" or not makes it run WORSE on my 5th generation iPod Touch! Both still get the bug of frozen training queues in barracks. Sometimes attacking and freeing troop carrier space fixes it, but other times I have to spend gems yet again just to get them training again! Furthermore, the new war system is a lot of fun, but we need a way to remove troops from the defensive Squad Center when someone gives us something we don't want. The regular SC can just be emptied by doing an attack, but I have found no way to empty the defensive version. Lastly, this game has an option to automatically add players to squads when the number of members drops below 30. This option hasn't worked in over a month, and my squad is dying because we can't get new members automatically or recruit new members through social media.
Thanks for your feedback. It’s great hearing what players would like to see added or changed to Star Wars: Commander. We’ll keep working to improve and expand.
Great captivating game for the player with patience
My brother and I have been playing the game for about two years now. Over those two years we have watched the introduction of (now) well integrated game features like heroic defenses and the armory. From time to time I’ve found new updates to equipment or defenses can throw off the balance of play between rebel & empire - for example, I can remember a time when a small group of rebels with a hero and medic droids could take down my fully equipped base with ease. These periods can be frustrating but after time are eventually remedied. In the end, I appreciate the developers’ efforts to renew gameplay and strategy through consistent updates. I’ve read of complaints regarding the length of time it takes to upgrade to higher levels. Of course I wouldn’t mind shorter upgrade times, but I don’t find them a huge impediment to gameplay (nor is the upwards trend in upgrade time aberrant from other games of the same nature - i.e clash of clans). The newest feature of the game, the weekly events, makes unlocking characters/equipment easier and more efficient than was ever possible with world conflicts. Hopefully developers will keep these events beyond their celebrations of The Last Jedi release.
- Disney Electronic Content, Inc.
- 233.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © & ™ Lucasfilm Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Bag of Crystals $9.99
- Satchel of Crystals $19.99
- Handful of Crystals $4.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.