Imperial Assault: Legends of the Alliance is a companion app for the Star Wars: Imperial Assault board game, a scenario-based game of tactical combat. When you play with Legends of the Alliance, the app assumes the role of the Imperials, while you and your friends form a team of Rebel heroes fighting to bring down the Galactic Empire.
Legends of the Alliance introduces a completely cooperative way to play Imperial Assault, freeing you and your friends to work together to overcome challenges set before you by the evil Empire. With a full campaign featuring exciting new missions and the ability to incorporate your entire collection of physical Imperial Assault products, Legends of the Alliance provides a thrilling new way to experience Imperial Assault!
• New campaign added: Return to Hoth!
• Reworked activation instructions for the following Imperial groups: Imperial Officer, Probe Droid, Snowtroopers, and Wing Guards.
• Simplified the preferred targets the app chooses for enemy activations.
• Various bugs fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
A Third Way to Play IA!
This is a fantastic additions to play an already fantastic game. It is a companion app that allows you to play a new campaign in coop or solo mode. The box game already allows you to do 1v1 skirmishes and a 1v1-4 campaign mode that is completely different than the LOTA campaign.
For me, this has allowed me to play WITH my 2 younger daughters whereas the standard games made me play against them. Together, I can give them advice as a team member while we run through the missions. There have already been some good updates to allow you to have more random enemies from your owned collection to play against, Ally’s to join you, and heroes to select. I look forward to future campaign updates based on the boxed expansions.
Thank you FFG for expanding my play options at no additional cost to me. This has made me WANT to purchase more expansions and play the game more than I previously did, which I gladly will do. Brilliant model that more companies could learn from.
I love the interaction pieces where you can choose a less then optimal strategy to get to your mission goal. It's fun to play fully co-op. I've print and played the BBG user AI and tried that way as well.
I find the overall experience good. But when you're running down an imperial base hallway and a door opens to reveal stormtroopers and a WAMPA? That breaks the spirit. I could deal with a couple bounty hunters... It is at least possible. But there needs to be a pool of possible enemies for each mission not every available unit I own.
I followed the progress of this app long before it was released. I own all of wave 1 and some more after that. I was hoping to start getting back into this game after its release but it's underwhelming. I played the 5 mission camping back in May. There's just now another campaign, but I'll need to buy the $50+ Jabba's realm expansion to play it?
I like the 5 mission upgrade plan but what about Bespin? Hoth? Twin shadows? Or a $5 mission pack? I've already invested lots of $$$ into the system and I'd like to be inspired to continue buying. But Mansions of madness has a bunch of missions like 16, I know that a lot of those you need expansions for but road to legend also has far more then imperial assault. I'll run the main campaign again with another group on hard. But I'll certainly know the story and rooms to open/avoid. I'm just hoping for more.
While the app is certainly pretty to look at, it should be specifically mentioned that this app should be treated as a variant of Imperial Assault, but not as the game itself. This is because the app employs several “house rules” that are NOT part of the core game rules set, such as unit bonuses.
The app is also missing several critical features on launch that are required in an app meant to fully automate Imperial Assault:
1. Full compatibility with all current Imperial Assault products, excluding expansions AND written materials such as campaigns.
2. Full AI automation. This would include the app tracking player movements, hit points, and other stats for the players and itself to allow the AI to make informed, strategic decisions. As it stands right now, the “AI” does none of those things, leaving the player to decide how it should act. This ultimately means that the players are never surprised at how the app will act because they are always presented with the possible outcomes and are made to make the decisions for the app because, while it should be able to so the work itself (the whole point of such apps in the first place), it lacks the artificial intelligence to do so.
After such a long time, very disappointed overall...
- Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc
- 246.2 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- ™ & © Lucasfilm Ltd. The FFG logo is ® Fantasy Flight Games
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.