Imperial Assault: Legends of the Alliance is a companion app for the Star Wars: Imperial Assault board game, a scenario-based game of tactical combat. When you play with Legends of the Alliance, the app assumes the role of the Imperials, while you and your friends form a team of Rebel heroes fighting to bring down the Galactic Empire.
Legends of the Alliance introduces a completely cooperative way to play Imperial Assault, freeing you and your friends to work together to overcome challenges set before you by the evil Empire. With a full campaign featuring exciting new missions and the ability to incorporate your entire collection of physical Imperial Assault products, Legends of the Alliance provides a thrilling new way to experience Imperial Assault!
• Tyrants of Lothal and associated figure packs can now be enabled in the Collection Manager.
• Heroes, allies, enemies, villains and items from these products can now be used in any campaign.
• New enemy sounds added.
• Prevent screen sleep option added.
• Various bugs fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
A Third Way to Play IA!
This is a fantastic additions to play an already fantastic game. It is a companion app that allows you to play a new campaign in coop or solo mode. The box game already allows you to do 1v1 skirmishes and a 1v1-4 campaign mode that is completely different than the LOTA campaign.
For me, this has allowed me to play WITH my 2 younger daughters whereas the standard games made me play against them. Together, I can give them advice as a team member while we run through the missions. There have already been some good updates to allow you to have more random enemies from your owned collection to play against, Ally’s to join you, and heroes to select. I look forward to future campaign updates based on the boxed expansions.
Thank you FFG for expanding my play options at no additional cost to me. This has made me WANT to purchase more expansions and play the game more than I previously did, which I gladly will do. Brilliant model that more companies could learn from.
While the app is certainly pretty to look at, it should be specifically mentioned that this app should be treated as a variant of Imperial Assault, but not as the game itself. This is because the app employs several “house rules” that are NOT part of the core game rules set, such as unit bonuses.
The app is also missing several critical features on launch that are required in an app meant to fully automate Imperial Assault:
1. Full compatibility with all current Imperial Assault products, excluding expansions AND written materials such as campaigns.
2. Full AI automation. This would include the app tracking player movements, hit points, and other stats for the players and itself to allow the AI to make informed, strategic decisions. As it stands right now, the “AI” does none of those things, leaving the player to decide how it should act. This ultimately means that the players are never surprised at how the app will act because they are always presented with the possible outcomes and are made to make the decisions for the app because, while it should be able to so the work itself (the whole point of such apps in the first place), it lacks the artificial intelligence to do so.
After such a long time, very disappointed overall...
This looked like it would be an enormous help to me since I only have a couple other people to play with and when one of us plays the empire it becomes a little ridiculous. But this app has major problems. The main problem is that it isn’t what it says it is since there is NO AI and the players are just expected to activate the empire’s troops with a small and set number of actions. In addition, many of the imperial troops have been tweaked so that they are better or worse than they were in the core game. If you’re looking to add a free campaign to your collection, albeit a short and very inaccessible one, this app is for you. But if you’re looking to replace the empire’s player with an effective AI, this app simply can’t do that for you. Really hoping to see some major changes in the future though.
- Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc
- 214.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- ™ & © Lucasfilm Ltd. The FFG logo is ® Fantasy Flight Games
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.