The Star Wars app is your official mobile connection to a galaxy far, far away.
With a dynamic interface, the Star Wars app immerses you in breaking news, rich media, social updates, special events, and interactive features. Here’s where the fun begins:
● Find The Force: Celebrate Force Friday and unlock characters from Star Wars: The Last Jedi in Augmented Reality!
● Get instant notifications on big announcements, including trailer releases and movie news
● Theme your app with Light Side, Dark Side, or Droid interfaces, each containing different designs, sounds, and animations
● Unlock 3D Star Wars characters, ships and special quizzes in our Augmented Reality features
● Immerse yourself in Jakku Spy, a first-of-its-kind serialized Google Cardboard Virtual Reality (VR) feature that ties directly to Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
● Take and share a Star Wars “selfie” in various iconic costumes and settings, including Jedi, Princess Leia (with hair buns), Han Solo’s carbon freeze, and more
● Get Star Wars-themed weather and five-day forecasts, featuring original art and parallax effects of in-universe planets and locales
● Wield a lightsaber and hone your skills against a training remote, as seen in Star Wars: A New Hope
● Play classic sound clips and sound effects from your favorite Star Wars characters, creatures, weapons, vehicles, and scenes
● Follow official Star Wars social channels via aggregated, customizable feeds from Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Tumblr, Google+, and Twitter
● Watch official Star Wars videos, including movie trailers, The Star Wars Show, Rebels Recon, behind-the-scenes featurettes, and more
● Read official Star Wars news and blogs from StarWars.com, including creator interviews, and more
● Count down to theatrical releases and exciting fan events with an always-running timer
● Share Emojis and animated GIFs with your friends and family
● Discover behind-the-scenes fun facts with This Day In Star Wars History
● Sign up for Star Wars ID and join the growing Star Wars fan community
Always in motion is the future. This app will continue to grow, evolve, and become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.
NOTE: For the best experience, we recommend using this app on an iPhone 5 or higher running iOS9.0 and above. Headphones are suggested, especially for Jakku Spy and Force Trainer. Use Wi-Fi if experiencing connection or loading difficulties. The Find the Force and Jakku Spy features are not compatible with iPod Touch 5th Generation devices and lower.
This app contains advertising messages as well as advertising for The Walt Disney Family of Companies.
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: Before you download this experience, please consider that this app contains social media links and content, registration to create or sign in using a Star Wars ID account, and push notifications to let you know when have updates like breaking news, additional content or new features.
Please note that this is an English language app with limited features available in local languages. Some versions include regional social feeds.
This update includes new sound clips from Star Wars: The Last Jedi along with minor enhancements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
We’re as happy as a well-fed Sarlacc since we’ve been using this official app to keep up with the Star Wars universe. It’s stuffed with movie news, trailers, and other essential updates—plus fun goodies like sound effects, GIFs, and a countdown to upcoming releases. And no series fan will be able to resist the lightsaber minigame—or a selfie-maker that dresses you like Princess Leia and other characters.
Needs iPhone X Support
This is a great app. There are many things to love about this app. It has feature such as VR, AR, and even a weather service built in (all with a Star Wars touch). I use the countdown to the next Star Wars movie all the time, as well as “Today in Star Wars History”. This is the essential app for all Star Wars fans. Well, unless you own an iPhone X like myself. It still works fine, but it desperately needs full iPhone X support. This is the only reason I have this app four stars. If you don’t have an iPhone X, take this as a five star review. I definitely recommend this app to any and all Star Wars fans. My only complaint is the lack of support for iPhone X. You literally just released an update 10 hours ago and DIDN’T add iPhone X support! That has to come in the next update. Please Lucasfilm, please
I’m a HUGE Star Wars fan, so this app is my soulmate. It’s so amazing!!! The real reason I’m writing this review— other than to sing this app’s praises— is to tell everyone who’s interested about the Jakku Spy VR mission that its not on this app and why. It stopped working at a point, just saying “Decoding Message” when I’d click on a mission then back to something like Pick a Mission. Now Jakku Spy isn’t even on the app. I went to their help desk and asked what the deal was. They basically said the VR experience is buggy and they pulled it to fix it, but fear not, it should return. One more time: Please download this app. It’s a necessary part of life!!!
- Disney Electronic Content, Inc.
- 159.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2015 LucasFilm Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.