By Starbucks Coffee Company
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Starbucks® app is a fast, convenient way to order and pay. Rewards are built right in, so you’ll collect Stars and start earning free drinks and food with every purchase.
iOS exclusives: Apple Watch app; TouchID to reload your Starbucks Card with Apple Pay or any credit/debit card; and 3D Touch to jump to Pay, Order & Reload from your phone’s home screen (iPhone 6S only).
What's New in Version 4.2.4
New in 4.2.4
Mobile Order & Pay:
Enhanced store selection
Tap the drop down arrow to reveal a quick list of nearby stores.
Full map view is available if you need to pan the map.
Coming Soon: Favorite and Previous stores
Enable Location services to get travel times to your Mobile Order & Pay store and the in store Spotify music experience.
Thank you for all your feedback.
A Great App, (Improvement Still Possible!)
On the iPhone 5C, the Starbucks app is well designed and full of features. Occasionally slow in operation, it still offers a wide range of features that I appreciate. The one change I would like to see is for stars to be credited quickly on the app after a purchase through the app on line or in store. It is common for Starbucks to take 6 to 12 hours (or more,) to credit a purchase. Just as a simple comparison, the 7/11 convenience store app credits a coffee purchase almost instantly, in the time it takes to shut the app down and immediately bring it back up again. In just that length of time, the credit is applied, and if a free drink is earned, that is credited just as quickly. I don't believe that 7/11 has access to better technology than Starbucks has, which makes me think that this delay aspect either: 1)isn't important to Starbucks, or 2)is intentional, hoping to promote more spending on that occasion rather than making it possible to receive and use an earned reward on the same visit. This is the only negative I've found with the app.
What all other store-tie-in apps should aspire to be.
The Starbucks app is, by far, the best integration of any store-tie-in app I've ever seen.
Other applications have tried to copy a few or all aspects of it (such as the Sonic and Chick-Fil-A apps) but none have come close to hitting the number of features or the performance of the Starbucks iOS App.
From the seamless way it integrates with Apple specific services such as the wallet and location aware listings - where when you get close to your favorite stores, they can be made to be auto-listed on your phone's lock screen so you have quicker access to the application - to the way in which the application allows you to very easily manage gift cards and your credit card, to being able to order and pay before even arriving and have your order waiting for you, to the rewards star system allowing you to get free drinks and other items of your choice when saving up reward "stars" earned from frequent purchases.
The only slight complaint I can think of is that their search engine needs better results for when users search for drinks that are called multiple names that baristas are familiar with but are not named explicitly on the menu - i.e. - a "Vanilla latte" doesn't show up in the app, but a "white latte" does - even though they are one and the same.
Other than that, the Starbucks app is what all iOS apps should be - fast, fully integrated to the OS, and taking full advantage of any features the device it is on has.
Needs a couple fixes
1. When I go to my previous orders to ordering a drink from my phone, it does not allow me to change the number of drinks I want; It makes me have to reenter the custom drink again from scratch instead of just increasing number of custom drinks from 1 to 2 for example. Also, in the history of drinks it should show a summary of how many drinks and what type of drinks is in that particular order because I have to pick like 20 different ones in the history to try to find one that has for example an order of three when I am with my mom and son
2. Your app doesn't allow me to use my earned rewards to pay for an order I make from my phone.
3. When I try to order items ahead of time, it allows me to choose a "previously ordered item" for my first item, but when I try to order a 2nd item, it does not allow me to choose another "previously ordered item". When I treat my mom, we order the same thing, but I have to order the 2nd one from scratch (since it is a very custom coffee, i.e., ½ decaf, whole milk, extra hot...)
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Aug 15, 2016
- Version: 4.2.4
- Size: 51.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Starbucks Coffee Company
- © 2016 Starbucks Coffee Company
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.