STARK is a fully fledged amplifier simulator consisting of four modules: Amplifier, Cabinet, Room and effects slots. These modules are processing audio separately, which makes it possible to combine different amplifiers with different cabinets and rooms.
The amp module offers 12 different amplifier profiles. It has both a clean mode and a overdrive mode, an equalizer functionality (including presence), and a booster controlling the end stage amplification saturation.
Cabinet simulation consists of 10 different cabinets of various sizes and sound. This module also offers a stereo width knob that simulates the distance between two microphones put in front of the cone.
Room simulation offers 6 different kinds of rooms, where each room size can be changed between Small, Medium and Large. There’s also a decay parameter controlling reflectivity of the walls and a dry/wet mix.
The pedal board contains 4 slots where any of the 14 effects can be inserted. The order of the pedals can easily be changed using drag and drop.
• American Guitar 1 - An edgy amp that rounds of nicely at the top
• American Guitar 2 - Similar to American Guitar 1, but with some more presence
• British Guitar A 1 - Gives a full sound with crisp
• British Guitar A 2 - Similar to British Guitar A 1, but with more body
• British Guitar B 1 - A slightly saturated amp with nice character in the high mids
• British Guitar B 2 - Is just like British Guitar B 1 a bit saturated, but with a more linear frequency response
• Vintage Guitar - Gives that perfect thickness when playing jazz and soul
• General Tube Amp - Low saturation with a fairly linear frequency response
• Garage Sale Amp - Limited frequency response and saturates. The obvious LoFi choice
• American Bass - A versatile pro bass amp
• British Bass - Works fine for more edgy bass playing
• Vintage Bass - Perfect for soul/jazz/RnB
• Wide Small - Small speakers, lots of resonances
• Tight Small - Small single speakers, few resonances
• Wide Combo - Medium speakers, lots of resonances
• Tight Combo - Medium speakers, few resonances
• Wide Normal - Medium speakers, moderate resonances
• Tight Large - Full range speakers, few resonances
• Wide Large - Full range speakers, lots of resonances
• Radiola - Small (broken) speakers, moderate resonances
• Bass - Low end speaker/Medium speakers, few resonances
• Passthrough - Full range speakers, no resonances
• Normal - A good sounding recording room
• Dark - A room that gives attenuated high frequencies
• Bright - More significant reflections at higher frequencies
• Cold - A room with attenuated low frequencies
• Warm - Gives a livingroom:ish sound
• Boomy - Loud and lots of resonances
Available FX pedals
• Delay - Digital stereo delay
• Chorus - Classic chorus
• Flanger - Flanger with feedback, tone, speed, mix and amount
• Phaser - Classic phaser with the option to decide how many stages to be used
• Reverb - Digital reverb
• Vibrato - A stereo vibrato with reshapeable curve
• Tremolo - A stereo tremolo with reshapeable curve
• Equalizer - 6 band peak filter with fixed frequencies
• Compressor - Simple one-knob compressor
• Booster - Signal booster (gain, bass and treble)
• Distortion - Simple distortion pedal with tone control
• Distortion+ - Complex distortion pedal with optional distortion algorithms
• Gate - Simple gate
• Multiband Gate - Four band spectral gate
There are also about 100 predefined factory presets covering most scenarios.
Full documentation available inside the app or at https://klevgrand.se/downloads/stark-docs/
Audio examples and more info at https://klevgrand.se/products/stark
Obs! STARK consumes a lot of CPU and RAM, so if you’re having trouble using multiple instances at the same time, try to freeze some tracks and/or increase the buffer size.
STARK is an AUv3 plugin that only works in an AUv3 compliant host like Garageband, AUM, Cubasis, Beatmaker 3, Auria etc.
Ratings and Reviews
Best Audio Unit amp sim
So if I’m being completely honest, I wouldn’t say this is the best amp sim on the iOS platform, I could easily name 4 that sound better to my ears, but this is the only one that is an Audio Unit and it takes Cubasis to another level as far as guitar goes. I’ll still rely on other IOS guitar sims but I have no regrets buying this one. Hopefully it just gets better thru updates but for laying quick ideas and recording guitars in a Daw that support audio units then this is great imo.
Sounds great on everything!
Try this particularly drums, it will change the character so much it sounds like you picked a new kit. Any doubt, watch Doug Wood’s sound test room demo. The four stomp box slots are intuitive your 1st time using this FX portfolio. Highly recommended!
After a long string of hits...
Klevgrand finally misses with one. Very nice simple layout, but with these amp simulators, everyone's gonna have their preference for some reason or another, and no one's gonna be truly right. And to me, this is a simulator in the literal sense of the word. It sounds like an alien facsimile in its approximation of a guitar amp--recognizable, but there's a strange, almost eerie disconnect there.
- Klevgrand Produkter AB
- 22.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), and iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Klevgrand Produkter AB
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.