Discover the power of a professional sky atlas in the palm of your hand.
Starmap 2 is an intelligent sky navigation tool, written by a professional of the field.
Starmap is also working on your watch !
Hold the device in your line of vision and discover the map smoothly scanning the sky as you move.
Starmap can be extended at will by downloading new functions. It offers many astronomical courses in the form of interactive multimedia, for beginners and advanced astronomers.
Discover the power of a professional sky atlas with 2,500,000 stars in the palm of your hand. Point telescopes easily on faint objects using the eyepiece mode. Prepare your observations with the automatic selection of tonight's best objects. With Starmap additional features, add the power of desktops' planetariums to your iPhone™ and iPod Touch™ or iPad™.
FEATURES (some available through in-App purchase)
- 2,500,000 stars
- Tycho 2 catalog
- SAO catalog
- 8,300 stars with physical characteristics
- Maximum magnitude 16
- Messier catalog
- Full NGC/IC/Caldwell catalogs
- Abell/SAO/HD/HIP identifiers
- All common dark and bright nebulae catalogs
- A complete moon map with 9000 features
- 13,000 deep sky objects with physical characteristics
- Complete ephemeris for 25,000 sky objects
- Full solar system ephemeris, including planets satellites
- Moon phase calendar
- Moon map with 9900 references
- Meteor zones
- Searches by text and ids
- Featured objects selection
- Automatic selection of the best observable objects
TELESCOPES & OPTICS:
- Telescope control through wi-fi for most devices
- Eyepiece view with real apparent sizes of objects
- Optics database with barlows, focal reducers, CCDs, finders
- Dual and single reticles
- Equatorial and azimuthal reticles
- Fast change of optics with pinch and zoom
- Full night vision red mode
- Orientation and search arrow
- Live time changer
- Integrated lamp
- Supports portrait and landscape mode
- Coordinates display
- Full control of colors of map items
- 500 cities database
- User locations
- GPS/Gyro and compass support
Corrected comets and asteroid positions that were totally wrong in the last version 1.24. Sorry for that.
Ratings and Reviews
Had Starmap Pro for some time & then portions of it were disabled in an apparent push to get ‘squared.’ (Asteroid updates/searches crash the app & can no longer tap on objects for info.) Sure...there were sporadic ‘flash sales’ for some time to appease those who had Starmap Pro, but those days too came to pass. The free version here appears so limited compared to Starmap Pro that I can’t bring myself to upgrade without seeing that it could indeed be comparable. (Not interested in ‘stories’...want professional data/information.) Business practices like these may cause you to embrace your trusty paper bound Uranometria star atlases too. How much longer until you’re encouraged to get ‘cubed’?
Used to be great...
Now it seems the competition provides better for less $. It’s time to delete
Paid and asked to pay again
I paid for the Pro version and there is no way to restore my purchase!
- Fruduric Descamps
- 221.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Starmap-Fredd 2015
- In-App Purchases
- PRO version $13.99
- Starmap classic version $4.99
- Celestial Events $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.