StarMap 3D+: Night Sky, Astronomy, Star View Guide
By Sanville Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Use your iPhone's compass and gyroscope to find planets, constellations, satellites, and more with crisp, colorful, high-definition Retina graphics that use every pixel of your iPhone or iPad! Hold the universe in your pocket!
StarMap 3D Plus is the portable star atlas for beginners or advanced astronomers. Use StarMap 3D Plus to find the planets, stars, constellations, star clusters, galaxies, and nebulae visible to you based on your location and time. StarMap 3D will even use the compass to automatically align the map!
• Again, no in-app purchases: StarMap 3D+ contains all of these features by default:
• Real-time positions of 100 artificial satellites, including the International Space Station (ISS), and the Hubble Space Telescope
• iPad Support
• Over 100,000 stars, with detailed information for each of them
• 6,441 deep sky objects, with details such as distance from Earth, diameter, apparent size and orientation, and morphology
• All 88 modern constellations, with lines based on the outlines from "The Stars: A New Way to See Them" by H.A. Rey
• MacRobert and Classic constellation lines also available
• Location-based-services (LBS) / Global Positioning System (GPS) support, or manually enter your longitude and latitude
• Adjustable date and time of day
• Also adjust time instantaneously and interactively with the Time Scroll feature
• Compass support, if present
• Planetarium Mode for seeing only objects visible to you, or browse the entire celestial sphere
• 3D Mode for visualizing the universe in three dimensions
What's New in Version 3.5.3
• Bug fix and general improvements
Very helpful and accurate.
Star Map 3D+ is the best of all star map apps in my opinion. There are a lot of cool features and options that I enjoy using. My favorite feature is that you can click on the planets and stars and get information about them including size, distance, magnitude, etc.
I highly recommend this app to any star gazer. Also, the pro version of this app is worth every penny in my opinion.
Very nice imagery!
I like this star app much better than my previous one because of its ease of use and intuitive features, namely the Planetarium view. The built-in compass makes locating stars and planets as easy as pointing my phone at any point in the sky, above or below the horizon. And, the constellations are shown in pictures just behind the labeled orbs with very nice colors. Great app for sky-gazers :)
Excellent Sky Watcher App!
I've been using this app for years and it's been my favorite night sky app. Easy to use, accurate, and it has a great catalog of all sorts of night sky objects. Even has a catalog of meteor showers, the dates they peak, and allows you to set reminders on your calendar. I'd definitely recommend this app for the night sky enthusiast!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 22, 2016
- Version: 3.5.3
- Size: 100 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Seller: Edward Sanville
- © 2010-2015 Ed Sanville and Nick Cate
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.