StarMap 3D: Night Sky, Astronomy & Star Guide
By Sanville Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Use your iPhone's compass and gyroscope to find planets, constellations, and more with crisp, colorful, high-definition Retina graphics that use every pixel of your iPhone! Hold the universe in your pocket!
• Try StarMap 3D Plus for iPad support, more stars, thousands of Deep Sky Objects, and original constellation artwork.
StarMap 3D is the portable star atlas for beginners or advanced astronomers. Use StarMap 3D to find the planets, stars, constellations, star clusters, galaxies, and nebulae visible to you based on your location and time. StarMap 3D will even use the compass to automatically align the map!
• Retina Display Compatibility
• Over 15,000 stars, with detailed information for each of them
• 303 deep sky objects, with details such as distance from Earth, diameter, apparent size and orientation, and morphology
• All 88 modern constellations, with lines based on the outlines from "The Stars: A New Way to See Them" by H.A. Rey
• MacRobert and Classic constellation lines also available
• Location-based-services (LBS) / Global Positioning System (GPS) support, or manually enter your longitude and latitude
• Adjustable date and time of day
• Also adjust time instantaneously and interactively with the Time Scroll feature
• Compass support, if present
• Planetarium Mode for seeing only objects visible to you, or browse the entire celestial sphere
• 3D Mode for visualizing the universe in three dimensions
What's New in Version 3.5.3
• Bug fix and general improvements
I love this app! So much better than going to the planetarium. You point and you find. Within seconds of using it I found Jupiter. Looked up in the sky and there it is. Look through my binoculars even saw the moons. Saw many star constellations! I want to visible to us and them all over the entire universe. Works in real time. No Wi-Fi is necessary. You can go in to any date in the last 2000 years. And see how things have changed. There's three different modes. Planetary model uses your own positioning. Then you can use another mold where you can see where every location. I love the 3-D mold. Where are youcan go to any planet including the earth and the moon! And you can see everything from their perspective. Well you can rotate the planets and see the constellations and planets etc, from their perspective. Very accurate. My wife and I went outside using it recently. She loved it it made for a great conversations and intimacy.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 30, 2016
- Version: 3.5.3
- Size: 37.9 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Seller: Edward Sanville
- © 2009-2014 Ed Sanville
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.