Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Star Product 2012 Astronomy magazine !!!
A complete planetarium in your hand, Starmap Standard is a high-quality interactive and ergonomic map with 350, 000 stars, and fitted with many deep sky images.
With the iPhone™ compass you can point your device in any direction and Starmap will pinpoint the exact portion of the sky like a virtual telescope.
Starmap is the original planetarium app, and has been designed by a professional of the field of scientific instrumentation. It has been selected in the top 3 at the launch of the AppStore. Starmap has been awarded "Best Product of the Year" by Sky & Telescope - the essential magazine of astronomy. Starmap is a professional astronomy tool that has had more downloads than any other planetarium app.
Use the touchscreen to zoom in or out, tap stars, planets and other objects in the sky for detailed specifications. This incredible app also lets you build location lists so you can see the night sky from any part of the world using geolocation.
Starmap comes with a host of customizable features to let you personalize how you view the universe, for an enhanced comfort while observing the night sky.
A complete video of Starmap’s features is available on the support website. Do not hesitate to contact the author before purchasing Starmap.
Starmap Standard is available for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Look at Starmap in action in a 15 minute movie on star-map.fr before buying!
IMPORTANT: Want even more stars and features? Take a look at Starmap PRO, offering the most complete celestial objects catalogues for the iPhone, fitted with functions dedicated to astronomers.
iOS 5 / iPhone 4G optimized.
- 350,000 visible stars (SAO catalog up to magnitude 12)
- 200 main stars with names, kinds and complete descriptions
- 150 galaxies, clusters and nebulae (Messier catalog, main NGC/IC)
- Deep sky objects images with StarmapShare.com
- Tonight’s best selection: the night overview in one glance
- Time animation
- Lunar calendar
- Constellation boundaries
- Automatic viewpoint with the accelerometer and the compass (3GS and 4)
- Pinch and zoom for more details
- Finder arrow for localizing objects
- Smooth and anti-aliased graphics
- Adjust stars and the sky brightness to match your exact observation conditions
- Full coordinates, ecliptic, celestial equator
- Complete ephemeris, including moon phases and planet satellites views
- 50 asteroids and dwarf planets
- Touching the map brings up info panels
- Full night vision mode
- Shooting stars zones
- GPS support and custom user locations
- Map colors can be adjusted for the comfort of your eyes
- Gyro and compass support
What's New in Version 4.4
Correcting an issue that could prevent the compass to move the map automatically
Well worth the money. Beautiful graphics, tons of information, lots of settings controls to customize what info you want displayed. Best astronomy app out there. I also have Sky Walk. I think Starmap is slightly better, although Sky Walk is prettier
Good app for Basic+ Stargazing
Easy to use with many different features and a good astronomical catalogue (350,000 objects). I haven't needed to try any other apps because this works more than well enough on both iPhone and iPad.
I've been using this app for years and has grown with me as I improve my observing skills. It can be as simple, or intricate as needed. Hands down, my favorite astronomy app.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Mar 20, 2014
- Version: 4.4
- Size: 36.2 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Fruduric Descamps
- © 2008 Frederic Descamps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Exploring the Crab Nebula$0.99
- The Star That Should Not Exist$0.99
- 10h8'22", 11°58'2"$0.99
- What Happens when Galaxies Collide?$0.99
- The Changing Pole Star$0.99
- Once Upon a Time$0.99