Start (Web to PDF + Browser) for iPad allows you to easily convert a web page to PDF. “Start” is also a full featured browser with many social media integrations.
As far as we know, this is the only iPad app that allows for landscape PDF.
Do you miss “Print to PDF” on your iPad? “Start” is a full featured browser that allows you to easily convert any web page to a PDF document. It integrates with Dropbox and Evernote so that your documents are always in the Cloud. You can save web pages for offline reading or generate hard copies of purchase confirmations. You can open all Office documents in “Start” and convert them to PDF for easy sharing.
“Start” is a tabbed browser that has many social media integrations.
1. Sharing a link on Facebook
2. Tweeting a link on Twitter
3. Pocket (Read it Later)
4. Pinterest – easy to Pin images on a web page
5. Readability‘s Read Now for distraction-free reading
- Great for offline reading
- 1 click to create a PDF from a web page
- PDF in portrait or landscape
- Edit PDF by removing or re-ordering pages.
- Dropbox Integration
- Tabbed Browsing
- Easily Mail screen capture of web page
- Supports Printing of web page
- Save web page to Pocket (Read It Later)
- Easily pin an image to Pinterest
- Opens MS Office documents and convert them to PDF.
- Change Browser Agent String
Fixes issue where page will not scroll all the way to the left if app is first started in landscape mode.
Ratings and Reviews
Still loving this go-to app!
Update: Developer fixed all my bugs/UI gripes about a recent update!
1) <snip> [Update: Developer fixed this prob in an update.]
2) <snip> [Update: Developer fixed this prob in an update.]
3) <snip> [Update: Developer fixed this ui problem that had been mentioned here. Much appreciated!]
Still committed to this app because it does so much of what I need and does it well!
There is a great deal to like about this app. Good interface, easy to set up bookmarklet for Safari one can shunt over to Start to make a PDF of the page you are browsing. Dropbox integration completes the easy workflow.
And the PDFs made are the real deal -- not just jpg screenshots like most of the apps in this category are delivering. Kudos for this!
Things you could wish for: CROP Function: it would be very nice to get a chance to crop the content resulting from the conversion before it is paginated and committed to PDF.
Great app- needs some tweaks
App is awesome. Slightly buggy, but overall the best web-2-PDFs I've used. Some bugs and tweaks that would be nice are listed below:
Bug: Selecting Mail for multiple PDFs doesn't work
Feature Request: Configuring email subject and body would be nice
Bug: Dropbox integration doesn't seem to work well, and I cannot select a folder within my Dropbox
Feature Request: Would like to have a default homepage
Feature: Would like a url to call the email per so I could put a button on my webpage to automatically print per and insert into email
Great app for handling webpages
In my opinion one of the greatest weaknesses of the iOS operating system is the lack of ability to save webpages and send them to other people with the exception of being able to email links.
When sending links, it's easy not to copy and paste the entire link or sometimes webpages that you link to get deleted or modified so the information you wanted someone else to see could be no longer there.
This is where the "Start" app comes in. The browser allows the use of multi tabs and other basic browser functions. It has various options to save or send the webpage. These options include e-mailing the webpage link or send webpages PDF file from the main screen, or sending the page as a screen capture.
You can also choose to make a PDF file of the webpage and save it within the app itself. From the filing system of the app you can open the PDF file and read it, you can email it right from the app, you can open and save in services such as Dropbox, Kendal, and iBooks. You can open in Adobe reader to add notes or highlight specific text.
In actual operation of the app, it's easy to use and operates smoothly. It could be better by incorporating some of the features of the other apps such as adding notes, highlighting text, mass storage that you can give outside access to. This would reduce the need to go back and forth between multiple apps.
- Kennedy Kok
- 14.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © k5Software
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.