Start With Art!
By Madcap Logic, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Creativity Express - Start With Art!
- Educational App Store (EAS) top 5-star certification
- Tillywig 'Brain Child' Award
- Accepted into the Google Play for Education Initiative
Meets the National Standards for the Visual Arts.
Recommended for ages 7-97
No in-app purchases
No user ID or data tracking
• Created by former Disney animators and professional educators: Four fun and engaging cross-curricular lessons designed to begin your child’s journey into the visual arts and design. Lead by our animated art guides – Tickles, Furnace, and Ruby - each lesson features quality animation and engaging characters, followed by hands-on activities to strengthen understanding of the ideas presented.
• 8 'Creativity Builders' art projects give children hands-on experience using knowledge from each lesson. Two projects per lesson, the topics range from creating your own language to creating model sculptures.
• A ‘Parents’ page detailed guide to each Creativity Builders project including objectives, vocabulary, materials and procedures.
• Idea Gizmo to jump-start your child’s imagination and creative thinking skills.
• Doodle Gizmo -A fun, easy-to-use drawing and painting program for your mobile device.
• Comprehensive Glossary of art terms and definitions
Have your child Start With Art through these lessons:
1) Art as a Language: Art is a visual language, used universally for self-expression. Learn what it means to communicate through art and follow the notable work of Leonardo da Vinci.
2) Messages in Art: Artwork tells a story using emotions, feelings and pictures. Learn to ask questions when viewing art and discover the meaning of Michelangelo's illustrations on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.
3) Line: An important tool for artists, lines can convey direction, emotion and action. Edgar the mouse demonstrates how each of style of line can have a different meaning, and demonstrates how children can use this technique in their own artwork.
4) Shape and Form: Forms are often represented with shapes. Use your knowledge about lines to create shapes. Try to identify a form by looking at its silhouette in notable artwork.
What's New in Version 1.01.096
- Updated to iOS7
- Minor tweaks and fixes
- Category: Education
- Updated: Oct 04, 2013
- Version: 1.01.096
- Size: 41.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Madcap Logic, LLC
- © 2007-2013 Madcap Logic LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.