Start With Art!
By Madcap Logic, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Start with Art!" contains the first four introductory lessons from Creativity Express. The lessons in Start With Art are designed to begin a child’s journey into the world of art, creativity, and visual learning.
• Animated Art Guides – Tickles, Furnace, and Ruby – lead children through four fun and engaging cross-curricular lessons designed to enhance your child’s critical thinking skills and unlock their creativity and problem solving capability.
• 4 Lessons: Art as a Language, Messages in Art, Line, and Shape
• 8 'Creativity Builders' art projects give children hands-on experience using knowledge from each lesson. Two projects per lesson, the topics range from creating your own language to creating model sculptures.
• A ‘Parents’ page detailed guide to each Creativity Builders project including objectives, vocabulary, materials and procedures.
• Idea Gizmo to jump-start your child’s imagination and creative thinking skills.
• Doodle Gizmo -A fun, easy-to-use drawing and painting program for your mobile device.
• Comprehensive Glossary of art terms and definitions
Creativity Express is a multi-award winning visual arts curriculum created by former Disney animators and professional educators. Each lesson features expert animation and engaging characters, followed by hands-on activities to strengthen understanding of the ideas presented.
Have your child Start With Art through these lessons:
• Art as a Language: Art is a visual language, used universally for self-expression. Learn what it means to communicate through art and follow the notable work of Leonardo da Vinci.
• Messages in Art: Artwork tells a story using emotions, feelings and pictures. Learn to ask questions when viewing art and discover the meaning of Michelangelo's illustrations on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.
• Line: An important tool for artists, lines can convey direction, emotion and action. Edgar the mouse demonstrates how each of style of line can have a different meaning, and demonstrates how children can use this technique in their own artwork.
• Shape and Form: Forms are often represented with shapes. Use your knowledge about lines to create shapes. Try to identify a form by looking at its silhouette in notable artwork.
Recommended for ages 7-97
No in-app purchases
No user ID tracking
Meets the National Standards for the Visual Arts.
- Educational App Store (EAS) top 5-star certification
- Lumos Learning 5-star rating
- Tillywig 'Brain Child' Award
What's New in Version 1.03.003
- Improved video play
- Minor tweaks and fixes
- Category: Education
- Updated: Mar 03, 2017
- Version: 1.03.003
- Size: 75.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Madcap Logic, LLC
- © 2007-2017 Madcap Logic LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.