By House Full of Games
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Start Player is the definitive method for choosing the start player for your next game!
Start player is NOT A GAME. It's a tool. A utility. Dare I say, an activity! It's fun! Never again will you need to wonder who should go first in your next game. Now you have Start Player! (Start Player also comes in handy for determining who should pick up that check at dinner.)
Start Player is based on a pack of cards with the same name created by Ted Alspach and featuring the characters from his award-winning Board2Pieces web comic.
Start Player has four unique ways of choosing your start player:
1. Card Start lets you determine the start player by drawing a random, virtual card that lists the zany criteria for choosing the start player. Want to choose the start player based on your street address or who bathed most recently? Then this is the choice for you!
2. Spin Start lets you spin the big wheel of fortune and have fate decide for you.
3. List Start is for the impatient among you. Dial in the number of players, hit the button, and just read the names off a randomly sorted list.
4. Finger Start is like Russian Roulette without all that pesky blood. Everybody puts their finger on the device, someone pushes a button, and "Hey! Presto!" we have a new Start Player!
Is it silly? Of course! Is it fun? Absolutely!
What's New in Version 2.0
Start Player now supports Apple Watch!
In addition, you can now keep track of 5 different sets of player names. Play with different game groups? No problem, now you can have a different set of names for each group!
Broken in iOS 8.1. Works with 8.4
The latest version won't display on an iPhone 5s on iOS 8.1. Updating to iOS 8.4 resolves the issue.
It does not "crash" as the app, with odd new/bad font size is displayed in the multi task view. However trying to access the app does not work and the app "crashes" back to the main iPhone screen.
A fun way to start your game
The new update is great. There are lots of options for picking starting player, player order, etc. We've been using this app for months in our board game group and have loved it.
Doesn't work anymore
Used to enjoy thus app.. Something happened though and it now crashes as soon as it opens.. Have tried reinstalling with no luck.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jul 07, 2015
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 16.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Steve Blanding
- © 2010 Steve Blanding & Ted Alspach
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.