StarTracker - Best StarGazing app to Explore the Universe
By Shen Ji Pan
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
--- Video on YouTube: http://tiny.cc/starvideo ---
--- Thank you all my dear users to make big success of StarTracker, please leave a review or rating if you love this application!
--- TOP 5 Education app in 31 countries when FREE!
It's so excited to introduce you the best star gazing app on iOS! This app has a super reaction speed and high accuracy, you must try it out and see how fast it is ;)
Just hold up and point the device at the sky to see what stars, constellations and deep sky objects you are looking at in realtime. Full utilization of the build-in gyroscope, digital compass and accelerometer drive the best user experience.
• Augmented Reality Star Gazing with gyroscope! Just hold up the device.
• Sun, Moon, planets and 8000+ stars visible to the naked eyes.
• 88 Constellations & 100+ deep sky objects with magnificent graphics.
• All data is offline!
• Search and Lock the objects in Solar system, 12 Zodiac Constellations, 88 Constellations, Deep Sky Objects and Famous Stars.
• 3D compass in AR mode, indicate position of objects your searched.
• Location auto set by GPS, or set manually.
• Time Machine. Time and date can be adjusted smoothly.
• Capture a screenshot and share with your friends on Facebook, Twitter or save to Photos. (Only share to Twitter on iOS5)
• Smooth motion flow and quick response which is realized by cutting edge signal processing technique.
• Superb high quality graphic display by enabling the retina display of the device and the full screen anti-aliasing technology employment.
• Buttom Right: Hide/Show Main Setting Menu, settings for name display, constellation, deep sky object, night mode, star amount and grid mode.
• Top Right: Search Menu (Solar system, 12 Zodiac and 88 Constellations, Deep Sky Object and Famous Stars)
• Top Left: Location Menu, choose location from a world map.
• Top bar: Time Machine Menu, adjust any time/date.
• Buttom Left: AR Compass indicator in AR track mode, pan the screen to enter un-track mode and click track button to back.
• When search any object under un-track mode, it will be locked at the center of the screen, then user can adjust time/date to see changes of the related sky.
• When under un-track mode, just lift up the screen and point it to the sky to enter AR track mode.
What's New in Version 1.9.0
- iOS 9 support!
- Add background music!
- Add Ecliptic line.
- Tune star brightness and fonts.
- Change grid line divided by 24 longitudinally (by hours), and 18 latitudinally (10 degrees each).
Very happy it's working again!
Was not working ever since iOS8 installed and had no way to contact developer--and most surprisingly--Apple had no idea either.
There needs to be some way to get in contact with a developer selling on the App Store. Apple has failed the customer community by not requiring support contact info in order to be an approved seller on their App Store.
Other apps, that I used, had trouble with compass directions.
This apps, has me very interested in star locations.
It does have a small learning curve, but after that, I use it almost every night. Thank you for a Great APP.
Used to be my favorite app
I purchased this app ages ago and it used to be accurate. It doesn't even calibrate anymore and is very "off". I'd give it a 5 star rating if it worked as well as it once did. Again- I paid for this and I'm disappointed.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Dec 19, 2015
- Version: 1.9.0
- Size: 22.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Shen Ji Pan
- © 2016 PYOPYO Studio
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, and 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular.