State Magazine HD
By BlueToad, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
State Magazine is now available as an application for the iPhone and iPad. For more than 60 years, State Magazine has told the stories of the people, places and events of the Department of State. With this latest evolution of our magazine, you will see an even more exciting view of our work and our world.
Each month’s digital issue includes the current print edition, plus additional photos, videos and live story updates. Browse each page in either landscape or portrait mode, zoom in to read individual stories and share your favorite articles with friends. With interactive page flipping, search features and bookmarking, we’re bringing you an enhanced magazine experience… right in the palm of your hand.
You’ll be notified when the newest issue is available each month, allowing you to read it online or download it to your mobile device. And since you don’t need an Internet connection to read the issues you’ve already downloaded, you can take the magazine everywhere… even on a plane or train.
State Magazine is published 11-times per year, with a combined July and August issue, by the U.S. Department of State in Washington, D.C.
Includes patent-pending Media Deck™ technology.
What's New in Version 3.1.0
v 3.1 for iPAD includes:
• Added intelligent download feature:
• Issue download can be interrupted to prioritize reader requests – such as page jumps, search, etc.
• Fixed issue where some pages failed to download on intermittent internet connections.
3.1 features for readers using the new iPad:
• Added fast rendering of pdf to improve navigation during page scrolling.
v 3.0 for iPAD includes:
• Newly designed high-resolution Cover Gallery featuring list view, thumbs view and spotlight view options.
• The Issue Description from the BlueToad dashboard now appears in the Cover Gallery Thumbs View.
• Newly designed contextual menu system (menus now overlay the page content without obscuring the page). Applies to these menus: Contents, Advertisers, and Menu features.
• Contextual menus are now searchable from within the menu list.
• Redesigned Search Menu.
• Added Keychain Access – the ability for the app to recognize your login credentials and unlock purchased content without requiring the “Restore Purchase” feature.
• Reader initiated download will continue to download when device is asleep.
3.0 features for readers using the new iPad:
• Upgraded graphics to take full advantage of the crispness of the Retina Display.
• Added high-resolution icons loaded for App Store and Desktop.
• Added high-resolution pdf only page rendering, resulting in smaller file size.
• Reduced issue download time
I happy you all made the magazine available as an app. I think this feature is ever more important given the nature of our global and mobile work. I would like the app even more if there was a way to post or email individual articles.
High quality and informative
Thanks for making this product available on the iPad. If you could add the capability to tweet or post the articles, you could reach an even wider audience.
Informative and interesting. News behind the headlines as well as info that shows Americans at work all over the world. Turn of the tv and really see what's going on!
- Category: News
- Updated: Aug 29, 2012
- Version: 3.1.0
- Size: 17.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: BlueToad, Inc
- © 2012 Bluetoad, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.