A simple notation and tab editor, Stave'n'Tabs could become your indispensable helper in music creation. Use smart and convenient tools of Stave'n'Tabs for composing and improving scores on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. Get inspired by viewing majestic classics scores or practicing good old jazz. Easily edit sheet music and tablature with user friendly interface like never before. Share musical inspiration with your band using Stave'n'Tabs files.
• Start your new score from the scratch or with one of the two dozen templates
• Enter notes with intuitive instrument-independent interface or virtual Piano Keyboard
• Explore and edit your score with sophisticated Piano Roll and Drums Editor
• Create up to 15 instrument parts
• Choose from 22 groups of the instruments (keyboards, guitars, strings, drums, percussions, etc.) listening their preview fragments
• Use context-sensitive selection for bars, chords and tracks
• Modify notes with dots, tuplets and ties
• Make your music alive with lyrics
• Customize clefs, key signatures and time signatures for bars
• Change dynamics
• Switch between enharmonic equivalents of the notes
• Use customizable voices
• Setup tunings with the large value of presets
• Navigate around the score with Tracks board
• Easily copy, paste and remove selected areas
• Switch fast between tablature and stave inputs
• Edit tabs with easy-to-use numeric keypad or virtual Fingerboard
• Undo and redo actions
• Input notes by Staff Positions
• Set the visibility for instrument parts in the score
• Edit title and information about creators
• Select and customize horizontal, vertical or page layout for your score
• Use Scientific or Helmholtz pitch notation when entering notes
• Add repeat signs and volta brackets
• Don’t worry about losing data thanks to auto-saving
• Connect your MIDI devices to Stave'n'Tabs
Practice your songs
• Play the whole composition or selected fragment
• Customize metronome clicking and countdown
• Change the tempo and track’s audio properties on-the-fly
• Loop the playback of the desired part
• Track non-playable objects with "Highlight issues"
• Use "Starred scales" to determine the chromatic scales most similar to the selected area
• Adjust the semitones of the selected area notes to the chromatic scale
• Customize the chromatic scale for adjustment (in-app purchase)
• Diminish, augment and subdivide note values
• Transpose pitches by semitones
• Browse your projects with convenient file manager
• Store your compositions in iCloud Drive and keep them up-to-date across all your iOS devices
• Create new projects and duplicate existing (up to three editable projects in free version)
• Listen to preview fragments of the scores directly from the files menu
• Open SNT, MIDI, MusicXML, Compressed MusicXML, Guitar Pro (GPX, GP5, GP4, GP3) and Karaoke (KAR) files
• Edit MIDI, MusicXML, Compressed MusicXML, Guitar Pro and Karaoke files (in-app purchase)
• Organize your files from a desktop computer using iTunes or iCloud Drive
• Open files from Mail and other applications (Dropbox, Box, etc.)
• Convert files between supported formats (in-app purchase)
Share your brand-new hits with friends
• Email your scores and tabs right from Stave’n’Tabs
• Open files in other applications (in-app purchase)
• Print your score (in-app purchase)
• Export to PDF (in-app purchase)
• MusicXML and GPX files import improvements
• Fixed an issue with Transformations menu on iPad
• Fixed an issue where the notes of the transposing instruments were displayed on the wrong staff positions if they were entered from the virtual instruments
• Bug fixes
• Support for new Fall 2018 iPad Pros, iPhones XS and XS Max, and iPhone XR
• Transposing instruments support
— Saxophones (soprano, alto, tenor, baritone), clarinet, trumpet, muted trumpet, french horn, piccolo, celesta, glockenspiel
— Switching to Concert Pitch via Layout menu
— Customizing transposition in the Instrument Editor: changing concert note corresponding to written C4
• New and improved note relationships
— Picked slide
— Legato slide
— Effect slides
— Ornament slides
— Custom glissandi
• Octave signs
— 22ma, 15ma, 8va, 8vb, 15mb, 22mb
• Improved time signatures
— New templates for simple, compound and complex meters
— Showing number of beats, beat unit and first subdivision of the beat for the current time signature
— Fixed notes beaming in compound times
• Added Delete Bar button which allows to remove the whole bar at the selected position without need of switching to bars' selection mode first
• Showing Repeats button without switching to bars' selection mode
• Fixed an issue where the volume of the separate instrument part was not applied during the playback
• Export to MIDI feature now saves the exported file with .mid extension instead of .midi which allows the GarageBand to import such files via its Loop Browser
• Fixed an issue where the tempo was not changed by tapping Done button in the Tempo view
• Rest at the selected position can be removed now by second tap on the Rest button
• Lyrics text color corresponds to the voice's color
• MusicXML files support improvements
• Improvements of the terms used in the app
• iOS 12 support
• User interface improvements
• Bug fixes
Thanks for your feedbacks and feature requests! They really help and inspire us on our way to the perfect and simple app that could become your true friend in the wonderful world of Music.
Have a good music making w/ Stave’n’Tabs!
Ratings and Reviews
Please Respond Developer
It's a pretty good app and I like it quite a bit. My one complaint is that I don't know how or where to find the symbol that indicates to slide from one fret to another fret when writing guitar tablature. Either I don't know where to find the symbol or maybe this app doesn't come with that feature. If the developer could reply and let me know where to find the symbol I'd really appreciate it. Or if you guys don't have the sliding symbol then please add it into a future update. I'd really appreciate it and I'd definitely give you guys a five star review. I've already recommended this app to a friend of mine and he really likes it.
Developer Response ,
Hi! Thank you a lot for the kind review. Unfortunately, there are no slides in the current version, but that feature is in our task list for the future releases. So, please, stay tuned for the app's updates. Thank you and have a good music making w/Stave'n'Tabs!
...t Export CORR...Issue Resolved...Fast!
Update: Developer with -Super fast response (in great detail) to my questions! 5 Stars now. However I can’t import a files yet.
Developer response to my problemI like this app. (I am a pro music Teacher 20+ years) I use the apps: Notion and Notate me on a ipad pro 2017. Unfortunately this app won't export standard midi (or musicxml for that matter) to any other app including Garageband correctly, which is disappointing because that's one of the main reasons I bought the upgraded in-app purchase. Until this ahas resolved I con only give 3 stars.
Otherwise it's pretty easy to use- however it would be nice if layout for the back button was nearer note enter buttons are is. I mean, why is it way up in the right hand corner of the screen?
And I have say the ability to edit chord diagrams is outstanding. No other app has this feature. It's great.
Developer Response ,
Hi! Thanks a lot for your kind review and suggestion!
Here are some steps which you can make to use exported midi file in the GarageBand:
1) Change the file's extension from '.midi' to '.mid' via rename feature in the Stave'n'Tabs.
2) In GarageBand create new project and switch to Tracks view.
2) Tap the Loop Browser button in the control bar.
3) Switch to Files tab and click 'Browse items from the Files app'.
4) Go to the Stave'n'Tabs folder and select required .mid file.
5) Drag and drop added item to the Tracks area.
Hope you'll find this advice helpful!
As for the back button positioning, we consider adding special setting for changing it in the User Interface Preferences.
Looks good, probably the best I've found
I've been roaming the appstore for a while now, looking for a notation software that would let me do what I need to without being overly complicated to learn. This hit the nail right on the head. I basically need somewhere I can write down my chords and experiment with different ways of breaking them, and this definitely does that. In addition, I can add other instruments that I don't have access to, and therefore can't use, at home. Great app, fairly easy to pick up, simple structure.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your kind words about the app! Such reviews inspire us to continue improving the Stave'n'Tabs to make it more powerful and convenient. Thanks!
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Ivan Korovin
- 145.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Italian, Russian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 - 2018, Brave Cakes Studio
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited projects $4.99
- Additional instruments $2.99
- Advanced composing $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.