By Catapult Consulting, LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Stay Focused provides amazing, ground-breaking photography capabilities that allow photographers to express themselves in ways never before possible.
With Stay Focused, photographers can precisely control what is in and out of focus in their images. This is possible through a technique that is known as "focus stacking" or "depth of field merging" where multiple images are captured with different focus distances. Stay Focused automatically takes the photographs, known as a stacks, which can then be shared or processed using traditional image editing or focus stacking software on desktop or laptop computers. During processing, the areas that are in-focus in each image can be merged into a single image with a greater focal range than would otherwise be possible.
Stay Focused also provides access to automated focus stacking services over the network, securely sending the stacks to our servers for processing (available via In-App Purchase). With automated processing, stacks are merged in a matter of minutes into a single image that combines the best, in-focus regions of each of the individual images.
• Fun new way to explore photography!
• Use your device to capture "focus stacks"
• Through In-App Purchase, provides access to automated focus stacking services
• Awesome technique for macro photography where depth of field can become very limited (like the width of a sheet of paper)
• Works with any lens attachment: fisheye, wide angle, macro, telephoto, even microscope-type attachments!
• Allows you to have precise control over the depth of field in any composition
• Live preview during composition with both basic and advanced controls
• Lots of composition and exposure options to explore
• Live preview of near and far focal range
• Portrait or landscape modes fully supported
• Presets for storing favorite settings
• Ability to specify from 2-100 images in a stack
• Advanced controls for manual exposure and color
• Full screen preview of individual images
• Full support of new, sharing capabilities
• JPEG or PNG image capture
• Advanced controls over network processing
• Fully automated focus stacking available on the network
• Performing the intensive image processing on the network saves battery life
• Works with any iOS 8 compatible device
• Stabilizing the iPhone either by a tripod or other means will provide the best results
• The focus-stacking technique is best suited for stationary subjects (or subjects with minimal movement)
• Network access is required to process any focus stacks
• Automated focus stacking services are available via In-App Purchase
• Automated focus stacking takes several minutes to complete
Example Photos: https://www.flickr.com/groups/2743222@N23/pool/page1
What's New in Version 1.0.2
Special "Introductory" price of "Free." Includes a limited number of processing credits. Additional processing credits available through In-App Purchase.
Includes bug fixes, and updated user interface.
Needs a update
Needs to be optimized for newest iOS version and some times it doesn't work when taken photos even tho it goes thru the process of taken photos but it works quite well when it does work works great during the day even though sunset not so much during low light noise is reduced but not by much still a cool app their are only 5 app that I know can do this this is top 4 out of 5 it's because number 1/2 actually updates there app they have raw/tiff support ,HDR+ , HD Photos UP TO 35 megabytes each photo much easier UI so please update the app
Macro in an iPhone!!! I downloaded this app and went outside to get my backyard. I living room Alaska enough tiny tiny plants. This really doesn't! I am so pleased with the results. I usually do 10 to 20 shots per photo. Really, I think 10 is plenty. And then results are just spectacular! The cost was really nominal. Just go for it!
This app not only doesn't do what it's supposed to do all that well, but you have to pay for the images you actually save/share? Guys, try ProCamera 8 or something like it to work with dof and the iPhone camera. Even the most serious iPhoneographers will most likely agree that this app is a rip off. There are many other apps (from fx apps to camera replacement apps) that will do this and do it much better if you know what you are looking for - and I bet many of them are completely free,
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Dec 19, 2014
- Version: 1.0.2
- Size: 123 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Catapult Consulting, LLC
- © Catapult Consulting, LLC 2016 - All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.